Advanced Features in Setup Factory for Windows Installer Improve Developer Productivity
Intelligent Setup Builder Raises the Bar by Leveraging Next Generation Windows Installer XML (WiX) Technology
WINNIPEG, Manitoba – Indigo Rose, a leading provider of software development tools, today announced the release of Setup Factory for Windows Installer, the next generation intelligent setup builder. Setup Factory for Windows Installer is the only visual setup builder to fully leverage Microsoft’s next generation Windows Installer XML (WiX) compiler technology for creating 100% pure MSI format installer packages in a faster and more intuitive way.
Setup Factory for Windows Installer makes the task of creating professional installers faster, easier and hassle-free. Leveraging next generation WiX compiler technology, Setup Factory provides the ultimate in flexibility and control. Developers simply drag and drop files onto the project window and click on the build button. However, for those project leads requiring advanced MSI features, Setup Factory for Windows Installer provides access to the underlying intelligence such as components, GUID’s (globally unique identifier) and more features to jump start the development process.
Setup Factory for Windows Installer offers the most complete set of advanced installer capabilities available including an intelligent development environment, a revolutionary fully scriptable .EXE bootstrap wrapper with LZMA (Lempel-Ziv-Markov chain-Algorithm) compression and 200+ actions including HTTP downloads and access to world class technical support. Setup Factory supports Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4.0 (SP6), 2000, XP, Server 2003 and Vista.
“Old-school installation tools hold developers back with their legacy approach and lack of innovation,” said Colin Adams, president of Indigo Rose Software Corporation. “Our goal was to create a new standard for intelligent setup builders. We believe Setup Factory for Windows Installer moves the software development industry forward with its advanced features, low learning curve and next generation intelligence.”
Setup Factory for Windows Installer incorporates a rich feature set to assist developers with complex productivity challenges typically associated with developing MSI installer packages. Some features include:
* Next Generation – The only visual setup builder to fully leverage WiX compiler technology. Now developers can integrate the same technology Microsoft uses internally for creating installers for products like Microsoft Office, SQL Server, BizTalk and Windows Live Messenger.
* Intelligent Development – Setup Factory’s visual IDE focuses on the files developers want to distribute, rather than on abstract concepts like components, features, sequences and GUIDs.
* Bootstrap Wrapper – Unique fully scriptable .EXE bootstrap wrapper with LZMA compression and 200+ actions including HTTP downloads for unprecedented flexibility in an MSI based installer.
* WiX – Generate WiX compatible source projects with integrated support for WiX fragments and extensions.
* LZMA Compression – Integrated into the .EXE bootstrap wrapper to ensure the smallest installers possible.
* Dialog Editor – Visual dialog editor for quickly customizing the user interface. Includes 22 different control types (check boxes, radio buttons, bitmaps, edit fields, list boxes, selection trees, icons, scrollable text, etc.) for creating fully custom dialogs.
* System Editors – Extensive list of actions including: registry editing, shortcut icons, file operations, INI files, environment variables, custom VBScript/JScript, file permissions, installing and controlling services, XML editing, working with ODBC and much more.
* Enterprise Ready – Essential features for team and enterprise development include automated builds, preprocessor defines, pre/post build steps and integrated support for WiX fragments and extensions.
Setup Factory for Windows Installer is priced at $495 (USD). For more information, contact sales at (800) 665-9668 and internationally at (204) 946-0263. Setup Factory for Windows Installer is available for a 30-day download trial at http://www.indigorose.com.
About Indigo Rose
Located in the historic Exchange District of Winnipeg, Canada, Indigo Rose Software Corporation has been developing innovative software development tools and professional multimedia applications since 1991. A privately held Canadian corporation with a global focus, Indigo Rose provides software developers with tools to manage the complete software deployment life cycle from autoplay menus and installers to internet updating and binary patching. Its products are used by thousands of corporate, government and ISV developers to reach millions of users worldwide. Indigo Rose provides reliable tools, top quality documentation and superior technical support. For more information, visit http://www.indigorose.com.