• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mathiasfaller
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2003

Internet Explorer Control Problem

Hello,

I´m an AMS 4 User from Germany, so please be kind in case of bad english grammar or spelling.

My Problem is that when I´m using the Internet Explorer Control I can´t use Enter to trigger the "go" button like in the normal IExplorer. I already looked in the xml project source and also tried to asssign enter as a shortcut from within ams. I didn´t had any luck finding a full listing of the virtual key codes used in the project file. If someone knows if it´s possible to use "return" to navigate to the url in the edit field on runtime please let me know. Alos if someone has a list of the keycodes usable in the project file this would really help.

Best regards,

Mathias Faller
    (germany)
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Internet Explorer Control Problem

Hi. Start a project using one of the built in web browser templates and simply look at how the go button works. That's the easiest way. Trythat, and if it doesn't work for you let me know and we'll figure our another way to explain it...

As to the "return" to naviaget thing, it's probably possible using a .dll to hook the key or something however it's not strictly easy to do because RETURN is not on of the avaiable shortcut keys. If you choose an available shortcut key from the attributes tab that can work. The bottom line is that you'd have to figure out a way to hook the ENTER key, this can be done using shockwave, a programming tool like VC++, etc. but not natively in the current version of AMS.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• mathiasfaller
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2003

Dear Corey,

I already created a keyboard hook in Delphi, it works perfect. In fact it works a littel bit too good. Because i did the hook easily but then I did not figure out how to implement that the hook only takes keypresses (return in this case) in my AMS runtime. In my case there are other applications started from within the AMS runtime, and the hook works perfect in these applications, too. So if MS Word is started from inside the runtime my hook "steals" the "return" key and gits the "go" button in AMs instead of beginning a new line in word.
      As i told already, I looked in the XML source and there is a virtual key code for the assigned hotkey, is there no value for "return"?
      If you like to see and/or comment my effort in Delphi you can see it here.

The text around the Source is in german, but the Source is naturaly language independent.
      Also, you mentioned Shockwave and VC++, do you know if it is done easier / more effective than in Delphi?
      Last, but not least I really want to thank you for your fast reaction. :-)

Greetings,

Mathias Faller

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

A key hook looks for a system keypress as far as I know. I'm sure a good programmer could set it up so that the hook contains an IF condition whereby it aborts if the "current active window" is not whatever you set it to be, i.e. your AMS window, but that's beyond my sklills personally...

If you need help try Zarko, he's the best and he always answers any questions people email to him... http://delphi.about.com/

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• eric_darling
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jun 2002

Hey Mathias,

Your English is pretty darned good! You write at least as well as some Americans I know. No need to be bashful about it at all. My German pales in comparison!
          Eric Darling
          eThree Media
          http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
          X