• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rog Cod
    Forum Member
    • May 2005

Copy files using modified file date

I am new to AMS 7. I need to copy files using modified file date in a folder and copy the files to a different folder by modified date and then check all the files sizes to make sure the size is correct. If the size is not correct copy again or show errors.

Also if possible I would like to add a letter to the end of each file name copied to the new folder. Example : original file name is "myfile.txt" and the copied file name would be "myfileA.txt".

If anyone has an example to help me start this may help.
    Thanks.
  • holtgrewe
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

I don't know if anyone has the time to code this for you as an example; but you can look in the help file for everything you need.

File.GetAttributes()
    File.SetAttributes()

File.GetSize()

Folder.Find()
    Folder.Create()

File.Copy()

There are examples in the help for you to play around with and get you started.

Also use the search. I'll bet there are some pretty good examples posted in the forum.

hth

Comment

• Rog Cod
      Forum Member
      • May 2005

I am working on a program that will do the copying from a local drive to a network drive. The program will check the file name and only copy if the file name has the correct format. I will post the code as soon as I have it working without errors.

Comment

Working...
      X