• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geoff harmon
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2007

Error Message 1004

Greetings:

I create a Hotspot then assign File --> Open, specify the URl and build the project. I get Error Message 1004: The Operating System denied access to the specified file.

This always worked before in 4.0 but suddenly no longer does in 4.0 or in 6.0 (where I also tried this as a Quick Action but with the same Error).

Any suggestions?
    Thanks/Geoff
  • geoff harmon
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2007

PS. I've built and tested on other systems. It works fine. My OS has some specific setting causing this problem. Any suggestion how to resolve would be appreciated.

Comment

• Tuberculosis
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2007

Posting on the same forum twice for the same item is considered rude... plus, you will not get a faster answer posting twice... maybe you should contact support, IR is good at answering requests. A forum is not really the best place for support questions. Sometimes a forum can be a good place, but most of the time it is not....

You also posted the same thing here: http://www.indigorose.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18590
      Last edited by Tuberculosis; 01-22-2007, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• mwreyf1
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2004

I think the LAST thing anyone wants to see in a forum is someone who has only been a member for 3 days preaching forum etiquette to other members.

Comment

• geoff harmon
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jan 2007

It was my first day, I made a mistake, I could not delete the original post. With Adobe, I've received all the help I've ever needed from their forums (PageMaker, FrameMaker, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat). Didn't realize I was entering such a rarefied universe with this forum. My groveling apologies for any offended sensibilities. I'll happily unsubscribe.

Comment

• Tuberculosis
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by mwreyf1 View Post
            I think the LAST thing anyone wants to see in a forum is someone who has only been a member for 3 days preaching forum etiquette to other members.
            So you have 55 posts and posted to say that? You did not even help the person... :lol

Then again with 55 posts don't look like you have offered much help to anyone. :lol

I was simply letting the person know... he/she might be new to forums... I've been on a few over the past 16 years or so...

OP, did you get it resolved? You might want to contact IR support directly. They offer great direct support... the forums, some anyway, are for members to help members....
            Last edited by Tuberculosis; 01-25-2007, 02:49 AM.

Comment

• mwreyf1
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Aug 2004

Tuberculosis, his response to you speaks volumes about the point I was trying to make.

But you have been doing this for 16 years so what the heck do I or anyone else here know that you don't.

Comment

• mwreyf1
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Aug 2004

geoff harmon, keep your chin up.

And your subscription.

Your not the first one to make a mistake and you certainly won't be the last.

This is a GREAT forum with lots of GREAT people.

Comment

• RizlaUK
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • May 2006

Now Now People. Cant We All Just Get Along !!!!

PS. I've built and tested on other systems. It works fine. My OS has some specific setting causing this problem. Any suggestion how to resolve would be appreciated.
                  Hi geoff, iv done a bit of digging and even tryed to recreate the error but had no luck,

maybe a little more information,
                  i may be well off, but if its a url you want to access, try File.OpenURL instead of File.Open

Posting on the same forum twice for the same item is considered rude... plus, you will not get a faster answer posting twice... maybe you should contact support, IR is good at answering requests. A forum is not really the best place for support questions. Sometimes a forum can be a good place, but most of the time it is not....
                  i would think its down the IR forum mods to tell people when and where thay can and cant post, and the forum is the best place to get support (for the frist step anyway) after all, this is a SUPPORT forum
                  Last edited by RizlaUK; 01-25-2007, 10:14 AM.
                  Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• mwreyf1
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Aug 2004

He started it!

just kidding......

Comment

Working...
                    X