• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tkistre
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2002

Text Object Question???

I am fairly new to this program. When making my present project, I have a "Text Object" box containing info about the CD I'm making. When the user runs "mouse over" one of the buttons, the same "Text Object" box displays info about what the button will do. Once they move their mouse from over the button, the "Text Object" box goes blank unless they run their mouse over the "Text Object" box, then it will display the original info again.

What can I do to fix the "Text Object" box to always display the info of the CD without having to put the mouse back over it? I do want the "mouse over" a button displaying its info as it does now, but I want the info in the "Text Object" box to go back to its original display without having to "mouse over" it again. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Tommy
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Text Object Question???

I can't really understand your question, could you be a bit more clear or post your project for me to see?

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• tkistre
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2002

Ok, I'll try again.

I'm using one of the wizard templates, "Master Software Installer", that came the program. It has several buttons on left side and a large paper, per say, on right side. I inserted a "Text Object" on the large paper on right side with info about the CD. I fixed the buttons on left side so that when you move your mouse over them, they display their info on the "Text Object" box on the right side of project, on the paper. When you move the mouse off of the buttons on the left side, the "Text Object" on right side goes blank, unless you go back and put your mouse over it, then it displays the original info about CD.

I want the right side of project, paper, that has the info about the CD to automatically and always be there, unless you mouse over one of the buttons on the left side to see its info. I don't know if "AutoPlay Media Studio" can do this, but I see on other CD's all the time that you purchase from the store.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Sure that's easy to do, here I whipped up an example file for you to check out, it shows it all... Get it here:

Corey Milner

Comment

• tkistre
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2002

Thanks Corey for the help. Your example wasn't exactly the same as my project, but it allowed me to see what I wasn't doing correctly. I made a couple of changes and it works fine. Thanks so much. Looking around the forum, I've noticed to see a lot of good help going around.

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Glad you got your fix big guy, peace out.

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
            X