• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grommit
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2002

windows media object

i am new to auto play - i have created an autoplay menu where there are 13 buttons to click and launch thirteen audio chapters of a book

they launch in windows media player invoked from the computer - how do i get an internal media player to come up inside the menu

thanks
  • eric_darling
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

Re: windows media object

It sounds like you are using File.Open to call the audio files - is that how you've set it up? If so, try employing the use of the Media Player Object, and calling the audio file from inside the object instead.

Alternatively, compress your clips to MP3, and use the built-in MP3 functionality that AMS offers.
    Eric Darling
    eThree Media
    http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• grommit
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2002

thanks - they are hour long mp3's and yes i have used file open - how do i use the internal mp3 player - i tried using load and play actions but it still called windows media player

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

If you use the MP3 OBJECT actions load and play and make sure you removed all the old links which were calling the media player, it will not call the media player anymore but rather play it all internally. Give it a try and let us know what happens and we'll take it from there. One way or another we'll help you get it going.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• grommit
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2002

thanks again - i got it sorted out - i was fooled by the internal media player not showing up correctly when it has no file to load (i don't want any sound until a link is clicked) but when i built the preview it showed up and worked as i wanted

does that make sense - hard to describe when i am still not familiar with the terminology

thanks again

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Glad you got what you needed...

Corey Milner
            Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
            X