• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2000

Latest burn won't run on Win98

Maybe it's just too early in the AM and I've made a mistake somewhere, so I can't rule my errors out, but this morning's burn flashes the outline of the project and doesn't play on 98. 28 MB file, one video Mpeg1 on first page, set to play. Data folder looks okay, as does apm, inf, and exe.

Plays fine on XP.

The Win98 box has Media player 6.04.07.1112. But I get no page with video error, simply the flash of an outline. What am I missing here?

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

Re: Latest burn won't run on Win98

What if you try an application that doesn't use the Media Player object? Does that work? What if you re-install the latest version of Media Player on the system?

Please try the above and let us know what you find.

- Brett

Comment

• Michael
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2000

Re: Latest burn won't run on Win98

Hi Brett,

After some trials and a little consult with Eric D.(knows his video stuff), I believe the data rate of the mpeg1 file is the problem. It was just rendered too fast for the win98 box to keep up with.

I'm now trying to lower the rate (including the audio data rate) for a total that 98 can manage. I want to play with it so I get the best quality settings but still have a bottom line mediaplayer 6.4 or so and the 98 OS. It's simply a matter of render settings. Otherwise, I don't see this being a big problem and certainly not an AMS 4 problem.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
      X