DeltaMAX is an advanced binary differencing engine library for Windows. Now you can incorporate state-of-the-art file differencing into your own software applications. DeltaMAX features incredible compression ratios and blazing speed. Compare it to any other delta compression system, and you’ll immediately see the advantage.
DeltaMAX can be easily incorporated into your software using either traditional direct DLL calls or from any language that supports COM (ActiveX) controls. Regardless of the type of data being distributed, like executables, documents, databases, images, game data or videos, DeltaMAX can handle it.
- Binary Differencing Engine. State-of-the-art engine developed specifically for its impressive speed characteristics, especially for gigabyte-sized files. Create smaller patches for larger files faster.
- Easy To Integrate. Includes spport for both direct DLL and COM/ActiveX interfaces. Use it with virtually any Windows development language including C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Delphi, .NET, Visual Studio and more.
- Incredible Speed. DeltaMAX is able to generate difference files in only seconds, unlike the hours required by some tools.
- Compact Library. Written in 100% hand optimized C++ code, the DeltaMAX DLL is compact and easy to deploy with your software. There are no external dependencies.
- Low Resource Use. Requires considerably less memory than other file differencing systems, while still maintaining an advantage in speed and compression ratio.
- Sample Code. DeltaMAX is easy to incorporate into your application. We include sample code and projects written in Visual C++, Visual Basic, VB.NET and C# .NET to get you started.
- Handles Huge Files. Competing tools can stall out on files as small as 40 MB. DeltaMAX can handle gigabyte sized files with ease Source Code Available – A source code option for the DeltaMAX library is also available separately for projects that require it.
- Fully Compatible. DeltaMAX is fully compatible with all current versions of Microsoft Windows, from Windows 98 to Windows 10. DeltaMAX was designed to work in extremely low memory situations. Where other solutions fail, DeltaMAX excels.
- Data Security. Unlike complete files, difference files contain only the data that is different between two source files.
- Built-In Optimizations. Unique multi-pass optimization performs multiple encoding passes in order to achieve the best results possible.
- Fast Decode. DeltaMAX uses efficient file I/O buffering in order to apply differences quickly.
- Tiny Differences. Proprietary encoding algorithm creates remarkably compact difference files. Compression ratios can be as dramatic as 99% or more.
- FREE Technical Support. A free 6 month web/email support and maintenance plan is included. We’ll answer your questions quickly and efficiently.
- Best Value. Compare it to other tools and you’ll see that DeltaMAX works better, is backed with fantastic technical support and is priced realistically.
- Proven Record. Indigo Rose Software development tools are trusted by over 500,000 software developers worldwide for reliability and exceptional technical support.
The DeltaMAX library is a 32-bit Windows DLL. It is compatible with Windows 9x, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. It is written in C++ (ATL) and requires no additional runtimes or DLLs to be distributed with it.
The DeltaMAX .DLL has both a traditional direct DLL interface compatible with C/C++ as well as a COM interface for use with Visual Basic, Visual Studio, .NET, Delphi and other languages that support COM (ActiveX) interfaces.
In order to create difference files:
- Windows 98-Windows 10
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM recommended)
- 800×600 display resolution
- 500 MB free hard drive space
In order to apply difference files:
- Windows 98-Windows 10
- 64 MB RAM
- 640×480 display resolution
- 100 MB free hard drive space