• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John-oh
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2000

Setup Factory 7.0 Video Training

Just got my Video Training CD as part of my Setup Factory Upgrade.

Corey has excelled himself this time, it is truly excellent, if you are new to Setup Factory - get this CD. :yes

In spite of the CD I still have a couple of questions - I admit not yet viewing all the CD, if it tells me, I will hang my head in shame.

a) I have the Plugin set for AMS 5.0, how do I associate with SF 7.0 ?

b) The Beta version had, and the training CD refers to a 'EURO' theme, what has happened to that in the release version ?

J
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hi John-Oh. Thanks for the words, that CD very nearly tipped my sanity. IR's too. It felt great when we finally got it ready to ship, it marks a huge advance for us in terms of audio and video quality. Next CD will be *even better* now that I have upgraded my audio gear.

1. The action plug-ins are the only ones you can use, I'll leave the "how to migrate" part up to the developers, I'm not 100% sure of the best practice.

2. You know how it is, things get shuffled. But just so you know, all the themes you saw wil lbe available plus more. In order to keep the application small we included just one set of themes, the rest we will make available as a free download from this site at some point. That way it also serves as a way for us to get busy people to pop by the site and see what else is available to them, i.e. support options, online docs, our forum, etc...

We didn't really solidify the theme downloads, let me rendezvous with the chief on that and report back later, we'll get something rolling. And in the meantime if it is crucial to you to have the Euro theme for a project please let me know and I will post that theme to this thread... :yes

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Brett
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jan 2000

To get your AMS50 plugin into SUF70:

Copy the plugin's folder from your "..\AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Professional\Plugins\Actions" folder to the "..\Setup Factory 7.0\Includes\Plugins" folder. Then you can include it in Setup Factory from Resources > Plugins.

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Oct 2003

Or even easier, just run the installer for the plugin. It will detect which compatible applications it finds (such as AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 and Setup Factory 7.0) and install the plugin correctly. You can run it more than once to install for multiple products.
        New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Oct 2003

Regarding the "Euro" theme, as it turns out it was only included in the "Deluxe" Edition of Setup Factory 7.0.

The final breakdown on themes was:

Themes shipping with Setup Factory 7.0
          At Work, Bending, Business, CD-ROM, Computer, Connectivity, Contact, Corporation, Default, Developer, Drawing Board, Garden Mint, Pencil in the Sand, Purple Caramel, Quill, Sand Dunes, Soft Blue, Video Game Invaders, Widget, Woodwork

Themes shipping with Setup Factory 7.0 Deluxe
          All the base themes plus: Airplane, Blue Abstract, Blue and Gray, Circuit Board, Cloudy Day, Euro, Flow, Flowers, High Tech, Industrial, Lightning Storm, Little Bubbles, Magnifying Glass, Midnight Chrome, Modern, Mystical, Office, Science Fiction, Skyline, Water Marbles
          New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• John-oh
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jun 2000

Wow !,

You guys are really on the case !

Thanks for the replies.

One thing I didn't mention about the Training CD, was how impressive it is to release the training CD with the application.

Anybody can release something six months after the event, but to get it out on the release date is impressive.

As someone who has moaned in the past (AMS4.0 I beleive) about lack of PDFs, now we have PDFs, Superb Help files, online hardcopy books, this forum and now Video Training ! I'm overwhelmed.

J

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

Yes, we specifically worked to get the CD done for release time. Glad to hear that is noticed.

Corey Milner

Comment

• SUF6NEWBIE

The Speedy Training CD for Setup Factory 7 is of Great Assistance
                and will definately fast-track a working Setup - with plenty of help
                for the new Scripting Actions and loads of tips...

Highly recommend this CD to Setup Factory 7 users.

Great Work COREY and IR .

regards,

Martin

Comment

• Corey
                  Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                  • Aug 2002

Thanks Martin! :yes

Corey Milner

Comment

• Intrigued
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Brett
                    To get your AMS50 plugin into SUF70:

Copy the plugin's folder from your "..\AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Professional\Plugins\Actions" folder to the "..\Setup Factory 7.0\Includes\Plugins" folder. Then you can include it in Setup Factory from Resources > Plugins.
                    Thank you for this tidbit!

I tried the way Ted explained and it did not work (did the original pack and then up the upgrade). Then I tried the way Brett said (just copy folder from AMS to SF 7, the way explained), and that did the trick.

:yes
                    Last edited by Intrigued; 01-16-2005, 12:34 AM. Reason: Replaced typo with somewhat coherent verbage
                    Intrigued

Comment

Working...
                    X