X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Yes, given some time tonight I will try to post a quick project.

Tigg
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Sep 2002

Here is a sample project that uses multiple images and relies a lot on the format of the naming to apply the items correctly. It also uses a new dll from Worm rather than the exe. The dll converts more than just jpgs to bmps and it is smaller. All good.

:yes to Worm

Tigg

Get Project Here For some reason I could not upload.
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• willfreer
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2004

Wall paper

I am getting so close I can smell it, From your file,I put in a picture on the sample little box, and not the picture shows up when I click for a preview, but it doesn't save to the desktop wall paper when i click the resolution sizes.

I am very close

Thanks

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Sep 2002

If you want to share your project/code, I may be able to help that way as well. If you don't want to post it, PM me for my e-mail or upload it somewhere and PM me the link.

Tigg
          TJ-Tigger

Comment

• willfreer
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2004

Wall paper

IT WORKED IT WORKED!!! I must have been tired yesterday, but it worked fine this morning, Now I have to figure out where to put my jps, and also how to install a screen saver,

Thanks a million

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Sep 2002

NP. I am glad it worked. I have done that before. Tired eyes. I tried to troubleshoot some code a while back and sat there for 45 mins at around midnight trying to get it to work, I had dialog.message actions all over trying to figure out where the varialbe was failing and come to find out it was the case in one of my variables. D'oh
              TJ-Tigger

Comment

• willfreer
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2004

Wall paper

Hi Tigger

Thanks for all your help. One more question not sure how to do it. I notice on some computers in office I get the message. Error in saving bitmap. when I try to save the wallpaper to the desktop. Could I save the images as bitmaps then change the code to skip the conversion part then run the code from that point on, installing the bmp to the wallpaper? Just a thoght.

Any ideal why it doesn't save to bmp on some computer?

Thanks

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Sep 2002

Is the file converted? I would check to see if the file is converted first and then see why it is not being applied. There is not a check in the function to check to see if the file exists before applying it as the wallpaper.

Maybe you could just try the conversion process with the dll to see if it converts. The ToBMP.dll that Worm created returns "ERROR" if there was an error in the process. Use a dialog.message action to see what the return result is from the dll action.

Tigg
                  TJ-Tigger

Comment

• willfreer
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2004

wallpaper

I believe i got it working by deleting the if code concerning jpgs that goes to program created by worm

"function SetWallpaper(tile,style,img)
                    local imagesplit = String.SplitPath(img)
                    if imagesplit.Extension == ".bmp" then
                    --copy the image to the windows folder

I saved my files to bmps, and skipped the process. now, it doesn't work when i change the name from your sample. (constantine) hahahha. it works with the previewing and everything, exect when i click on the 800x600 or other size for to download, nothing happens.

Willie

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by willfreer
                      I believe i got it working by deleting the if code concerning jpgs that goes to program created by worm

"function SetWallpaper(tile,style,img)
                      local imagesplit = String.SplitPath(img)
                      if imagesplit.Extension == ".bmp" then
                      --copy the image to the windows folder

I saved my files to bmps, and skipped the process. now, it doesn't work when i change the name from your sample. (constantine) hahahha. it works with the previewing and everything, exect when i click on the 800x600 or other size for to download, nothing happens.

Willie
                      yes that is true that it will not work because the SplitPath action was used to build the 800x600 or 1024x768 scheme. I tried to make the code more flexible rather than hard code everything.
                      TJ-Tigger

Comment

• ScottDuncan
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2003

Thank U for the code. I've been trying for weeks to solve this problem in one of my projects. It's working perfectly.

Comment

• willfreer
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2004

wallpaper

I got it to work also, the machine that I had a problem on was one which I did not have administrative privillages on. I spent a half of day trying to fix it before someone told me.

Thanks to Tigger,

Willie

Comment

• funkstar
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2007

i cant get it to work i just get some syntax error to do with windows folder

Comment

Working...
                            X