• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TUuser
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2004

Some clarifications...

Hi,

I have been able to get True Update up and working fine. I just have a few more clarifications.

#1. How does TrueUpdate handle a situation during an Internet operation where the client is using a proxy and the proxy requires a username & password different from the user's login id & password?

#2. Is there anyway to determine if a program is running and not close the program, but do something else, let's say display some Message Box?

#3. Does TrueUpdate offer any actions for exiting the update (something like 'return' in C)? I think Abort is used on unsuccesful cases.

#4. Are the actions under a label invoked only during a GOTO Label call or even otherwise?
  • Adam
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • May 2000

TUuser,

I will outline my responses below:

#1. How does TrueUpdate handle a situation during an Internet operation where the client is using a proxy and the proxy requires a username & password different from the user's login id & password?
    If you would like to give the user the option to configure their proxy settings you can do so from the Client Config Utility -> Interface -> User Configuration.

#2. Is there anyway to determine if a program is running and not close the program, but do something else, let's say display some Message Box?
    Currently the only option available is to have the user close the program if it is running. This is something that we would like to add to future versions.

#3. Does TrueUpdate offer any actions for exiting the update (something like 'return' in C)? I think Abort is used on unsuccesful cases.
    Server File Editor -> Actions -> Control Structures -> Abort is the action that will handle this.

#4. Are the actions under a label invoked only during a GOTO Label call or even otherwise?
    The actions will always be executed even if they are inside of a label statement. The Label basically gives you the ability to skip those actions by jumping past them, or to them.

For example:

IF (1 == 2)
    GOTO equal
    END IF
    action1 here....
    action2 here....
    action3 here....
    equal
    action4 here....
    action5 here....
    action6 here....

So in this case the GOTO is not executed so actions 1 through 6 are executed. If 1==2 was true then only actions 4-6 would be executed.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

Working...
    X