• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SonHouse
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2004

Refresh

Hi,

Can I reload a page that is not a web object page? I have a page that prompts the user to solve some math problems and I would like to be able to clear the page without them leaving. I created a button that jumps back to the first page then automatically jumps back but you can see the first page briefly. I'm sure there is an easier way...any ideas?

Thanks.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

What are you trying to clear? For example you can use Input.SetText set to "" to clear an input field...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• SonHouse
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2004

Clear

well...I have this math drill program, that prompts the user on page 1 to either do addition or subtraction...if they hit the addition button, it automatically generates a random number of problems and takes them to the addition page where they can solve up to 20 different simple addition problems. My problem is I have to back out to the first page to regenerate some new problems using the preload from the first page button. Basically, I'm just trying to clear the random numbers that are generated from the first run and regenerate new ones without leaving that page...does that make sense?

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Sorry, I should have been more specific. What type(s) of object(s) are you trying to clear?

You can clear input objects, button objects, label objects, paragraph objects, etc. without leaving the page using the corresponding SetText actions, this is what I would do. Using the very same technique you can add your new question values also, without leaving the page... Just one idea anyhow...

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• SonHouse
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2004

Thanks

Sounds good...thanks for your help.

Comment

• yosik
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jun 2002

Another way would be to put your initialization function in the global function area and call it whenever you need it, both in the first page and in the following pages.
            You could even check the page you call it from and depending on that data, do a different math calculation.
            Yossi

Comment

Working...
            X