• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scargin
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2003

Wait 5 seconds before loading video on page

Is it possible to get a video to wait five seconds before loading?

I am creating a presentation where a flash animation and a video file are included on the same page. I would like the flash animation to start running before the video appears.

Also when the video loads it has two bands of black either side of the video. After a second or so the video expands to fill the whole area. Is there anyway of overcoming the initial loading issue.

Thanks.

Stuart Cargin
  • scargin
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2003

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Puzzled why I have not got a response from the Indigo Rose staff.

Stuart Cargin

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Oct 2003

Hi Stuart,

Assuming you are using the Professional Editon, you can set a timer event to fire every 5 seconds and then execute your video actions in response to the On Timer event.

See:

and

Please keep in mind that this is a *user* community discussion group. While Indigo Rose staff are on here answering questions quite frequently, it is not an official support venue. To get one-on-one answers, please visit http://support.indigorose.com and submit a support ticket along with your product serial number.

The great thing about these forums though is that there are a lot of really smart, talented and generous people who love to jump in and help their peers! While our technical support department can help you with standard technical support issues (see our policies at http://support.indigorose.com/?_a=an...m=details&_i=4), the people on these forums have been known to go to great lengths (on their own time even) to help users accomplish some incredibly complicated things. Things that are *far* beyond the realm of technical support and heavily into the domain of free consulting work.

In any case, this is a great place to post questions about anything you want. We try and get to them ASAP, but sometimes the speed with which things "disappear" down the list requires a little "bump" to get someone's attention!
      New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

• scargin
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2003

Thanks Ted I will check out the timer.

Just upgraded from v4 to v5 and with a very short deadline on a project I didn't have time to search for the answer.

I wasn't aware of the ticket system and will use it in the future.

Thanks again,

Stuart

Comment

• yosik
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jun 2002

Stuart,
          Another way would be to have a FSCommand in your flash at the proper time and have AMS act upon this FSCommand to launch the video. It may be more precise that way
          Yossi

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Stuart, make sure to test lots if you are adding Flash and video on the same page and your end users' hardware is unknown. It'll be fine on newer systems but could potentially get choppy on old systems.

Corey Milner
            Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
            X