• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syverson
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

Video Load

I have a page (Video Page)that contains a blank video object. Depending upon user input on a previous page, "Video Page" will load and play the correct video. No Problems. However some videos take a few seconds or more to load.

I have created a "Video Loading" swf, that starts to run when "Video Page is up.

MY problem is having the swf quit when the video is actually running.

I thought to use a timer command at 500 milliseconds.

I would get the time of the video as it played, and if the video time is greater than 500 milliseconds (the time of the fade in from black), the swf would be stopped and made invisible.

Seems reasonable, but all attempts at scripting (I'm very new with this program) aren't working. Any examples you can think of that might help. Thanks

Cheers
    Syverson
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

In your timer, set some actions to check on the video state and if the state is playing then hide/stop your flash and stop the timer.

Code:
    vidstate = Video.GetState("Video1");
    if vidstate == 2 then  --the video is playing
         --hide/stop your flash and stop the timer.
    --elseif vidstate ~= 2 --your vid is paused or playing states 0 and 1
         --do something else here.
    end
    Video.GetState
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Syverson
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Dec 2003

Thanks. I'll give it a try

Cheers
      Syverson

Comment

Working...
      X