• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

ListBox.SelectItem

Should the ListBox.SelectItem cause the On Select event to fire for a list box? It changes the highlighted item but does not cause the actions in the On Select event to fire.

Tigg
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Yep it should, see attached. Can you post the file?

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software
    Attached Files

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Sep 2002

Here is an example of what I was trying to do. I have an event, in this case a timer, that when hit sets the selected item to the next in line within the list box. When I use the ListBox.SelectItem it does not cause the On Select event to fire, which in the case of this demo is a timed message.

I was just curious if that was the way it was supposed to function? The ListBox.SelectItem does not cause the On Select event to trigger. If that is the case, can someone explain the reasoning behind that?

If I want to use it in this fashion, should I change to using the On Focus event instead? Use the SelectItem to select my item and then change focus to the ListBox to cause an event to trigger.

Tigg
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

Working...
      X