• Show
Clear All
  • yosik
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

weird png transparency behavior

Hi,
    I encountered the following:
    I have several buttons, which contain png files on a page. This page has a picture as background. Whenever I put a webBrowser object on the page and run the project, the transparent area of the png shows the background color when mouse is over the png.
    Delete the web object and everything is back to normal. Put it back and it happens again.
    Bug?
    Any way to circumvent this problem?

Thanks
    Yossi
  • yosik
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

Corey? Lorne?
    Anyone?

Comment

• dulux1309
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Feb 2003

Similar issues in 4

Hi,

I had a similar issue in version 4 a long time ago. It was all to do with the background, I think, and maybe the way the web browser pane will refresh.

Eventually, due to time restrictions on the project, I simply placed the background image around the web browser pane as images - not an elegant solution by any means, but it worked in that instance.
      With our fists clenched,
      We cannot shake hands

Comment

• yosik
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

Thanks Dulux, but my problem is not the web object, but other png objects on the page. Their transparency area, which shows the background image is what turns to the background( should be invisible) color.
        Yossi

Comment

• dulux1309
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Feb 2003

Aha!

Okay - if the .png images are cool before you add the web object, and only fail when it is present, all the pointers go to how the web object is appearing on the page. My personal experience was that it was all to do with the web browser refreshing - this was with regular background images without transparency, though. I somehow doubt that makes a difference. Have you tried playing with the demo projects included in the software? Create one of those with a web browser object and try to use your transparent .png files as backgrounds. Just a thought to see if it happens in other projects...
          With our fists clenched,
          We cannot shake hands

Comment

• yosik
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jun 2002

Thanks Dulux, but my problem is not the web object, but other png objects on the page. Their transparency area, which shows the background image is what turns to the background( should be invisible) color.
            Yossi

Comment

• yosik
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jun 2002

Sorry for the double posting.
              Yes I have tried. And the same happens. Please note that the page background is NOT transparent. I have an object (button) on the page, but not on the webobject and it is this button that behave strangely.
              Yossi

Comment

• dulux1309
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Feb 2003

Sure - I was just going by my own experiences. I wasn't using tranparency in my images when I had this problem. I was trying to apply logic to the problem, which does indeed point at the inclusion of the web browser object causing some action to be performed that affects how the transparent images are seen. I had a real problem with this and as far as I can remember it was related to refresh..
                With our fists clenched,
                We cannot shake hands

Comment

• Adam
                  Indigo Rose Staff Member
                  • May 2000

Yosik,

I have not been able to replicate this issue. I do not fully understand how this is supposed to be set up so that could be the reason why. I would be interested to see this first hand. Do you have a sample file that illustrates this? If so please send it to [email protected]. If this is an issue then we would like to address it.

Thanks for your time

Adam Kapilik

Comment

• Mark
                    Indigo Rose Staff Member
                    • Jun 2000

Hi Yosik,

I've been looking into this and have been unable to re-create this problem.

Perhaps you could e-mail me the buttons files that you are having the problems with and the URL that you are pointing to in the web object.

Hopefully with this information I will be able to re-create the problem and then fix it.
                    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• yosik
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Jun 2002

It's driving me crazy!
                      I am trying to build a project with the above problem and here is what goes:
                      As part of a big project, that page with the webobject and a png image does have the problem. I try to export the page and put it alone in a new project (so that I can send it to you), but when I do that, eveything works OK.
                      I don't know how to isolate the problem.
                      I am attaching a screenshot with one button and the webobject. I hope it will help you.
                      Yossi
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Mark
                        Indigo Rose Staff Member
                        • Jun 2000

Hey Yosik,

Could you send me the button file so that I could do some tests with it?

Also are you working in Kiosk mode? What happens if your try setting your window style to normal? Does the same effect occur?

In the screen shot it seems as thought it is displaying the background in the incorrect position.

Comment

• yosik
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • Jun 2002

Mark,
                          Here it is. I hope you can make sense of it. I circumvented the problem by using a flash object instead, but that wouldn't work in every case.
                          Thanks
                          Yossi
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Mark
                            Indigo Rose Staff Member
                            • Jun 2000

Hi Yosik,

Thanks for the button file. If you had your window style set to normal did the bug still appear?

Comment

• Mark
                              Indigo Rose Staff Member
                              • Jun 2000

Hi Yosik,

I have confirmed this as a bug that occurs when the window style has been set to kiosk and there is a web object on the page. This bug has been fixed and the fix will be available in the next version.

However when testing this issue I found that it did not occur unless the projects window style was set to kiosk.

Comment

Working...
                              X