• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GalacTek
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2003

Page Objects Slow Hiding on page 2

I have two pages with text boxes for each button. On Pre-Load I am hidding each box with the command below.

Paragraph.SetVisible("Browse Documents Note", false)

In the first page it works fine. When the user click on a button to jump to another page. The objects do hide but slow in the order they are scripted. They are not hiding on pre-load or on show.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Hi, I can't spot a question anywhere in your post. FYI for stuff like this it's always best to upload an example file and clearly outline the answer you are looking for with a concise question. Thanks.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• GalacTek
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2003

Sorry you did not understand. I have 8 objects on a page. I have it set to hide the objects. When you click on that page all the objects are on the screen and then disappear one by one in the order in which this are scripted to hide instead of all being hidden before the page is displayed to the user.

What type of file are you looking for? the am5 file?

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Sorry you did not understand. I have 8 objects on a page. I have it set to hide the objects. When you click on that page all the objects are on the screen and then disappear one by one in the order in which this are scripted to hide instead of all being hidden before the page is displayed to the user.
        Well certainly no one would have extracted that conclusion from your post so it's not an issue of not understanding. Anyhow I still don't see any questions in your post other than about the files (yes I am referring to AMS source files). To get answers you must ask a question, no way around that one...

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Mark
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Jun 2000

Hi GalacTek,

On which event are you hiding the objects? "On Preload" or "On Show"? If it is On Show try switching to "On Preload".

You might also consider wrapping your object hiding code with:
          Application.SetRedraw(false);
          ....Your code here...
          Application.SetRedraw(true);
          MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by GalacTek

What type of file are you looking for? the am5 file?
            \

GalacTek, don't forget that you can set the visibility of an object when you design the project and not have to rely on hiding them individually when you show a page. In the properties inspector under Attributes the option is Visible. Set that to false then your objects will not be visible by default. See if that makes a difference in jumping to page 2.

With AMS5 one of the easier ways to share a project is to click on File > Export Project. This will export the project to a .apz file that can be uploaded to the forum (as long as it is not to big).

Tigg
            TJ-Tigger
            "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
            "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
            Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• AXXESS
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2001

Mark is right!

I can confirm that what Mark is suggesting works. I had a similar issue and this resolved it:

You might also consider wrapping your object hiding code with:Application.SetRedraw(false);
              ....Your code here...
              Application.SetRedraw(true);

Comment

• GalacTek
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2003

Changing the Attributes visible=false works on all the objects. Strange how 1st pages works fine without that set on each text box. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X