• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PKillian
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2002

User supplied paths

Is there anyway to allow the users to supply a (destination) path to the client update program?

We have a specific network install that is required not to affect the installing machine is any way (no INI's or registry changes). We would like to have a TU on the distribution medium that downloads a copy or our web files so that the TU can run against the local network. The only way to determine the installed path is to have the administrator tell us. Can this be done?

• PKillian
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2002

Re: User supplied paths

If not an answer, could someone from IR at least acknowledge that this post has been read?

Comment

• Brett
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jan 2000

First of all, please note that this is a _users_ forum. not a technical support forum. Although we do go above and beyond (we are a real bunch of geeks) to provide support here, these forums are for users to interact with users. Please note that you are entitled to free, personal email technical support by emailing [email protected].

That being said, how about reading an INI file from a network drive to variables and using that info in the Server File Locations? That way the Network Admin could configure it and everyone could access it.

Comment

• PKillian
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Oct 2002

> First of all, please note that this is a _users_ forum. not a technical support forum

My apologies. From a nature of most of the questions and the IR replies I thought this was first line technical support. I will use the support E-Mail.

Comment

• Brett
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Jan 2000

No problems. Again, we do pride ourselves on our involvement in the forums and they are a great place to post tech support questions. It is just that some very specific and elusive problems like you are experiencing may need to be dealt with more one-on-one.

However, next time you have a "How do I..." type question, post it heer and you'll probably be pleasantly surprised at the responsiveness of our users and staff.

Comment

Working...
          X