• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NTDmods
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2002

A Toughy..

How can I have TU update the client software its self? I mean, if I was to change the TU client software, is there a way to have it updated on the users computer? If it was running during the update, the patch wouldnt be able to overwrite it. I dont want to make it confusing for the end user, nor have it replace it on reboot or anything like that.
  • Hezmata
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2002

Re: A Toughy..

I have been using TU since it's release, and have found that properly set up, the client should not have to be touched. However, if it must be done, you only have to worry about the data files created/included by the client creator. Example: With no customization (images,icons,etc..) the only file generated is the .cli. This would be the file to rotate. You could use the registry to signal the client if it starts during the update.

Enjoy

Originally posted by NTDmods:
    How can I have TU update the client software its self? I mean, if I was to change the TU client software, is there a way to have it updated on the users computer? If it was running during the update, the patch wouldnt be able to overwrite it. I dont want to make it confusing for the end user, nor have it replace it on reboot or anything like that.

Comment

• BSchkerke
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Apr 2002

I have to agree with Hezmata. So far the client is by far the best.

Actually the whole ****ed thing is a **** of a lot more reliable than I -ever- thought an update system should be. My company shall soon be spoiled.

Thanks IR.

Brian

Comment

• Hezmata
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by NTDmods:

Comment

Working...
        X