• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csd214
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2001

Set File Attributes

V 6.0.0.2 does not accept wildcards. I should be possible to enter *.doc as the file name. The solution to day is to set the attributes on the files in the source directory. Fortunately the files can be uninstalled even if they have RO-attribute.
  • Lorne
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Feb 2001

Re: Set File Attributes

The solution to day is to set the attributes on the files in the source directory.
    Either that or use a WHILE/END WHILE loop to set the attributes for each file in the directory...
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• csd214
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2001

Originally posted by Lorne:
      use a WHILE/END WHILE loop
      Yes, this method works fine, Lorne (thank you), but gives a flickering progress screen (message text). Still I should prefer a command accepting wildcards to set/clear the file attributes. Maybe it should be possible to use the progress screen in different modes: a) With text as to day b) With a progress bar (or something else) based on the execution time (no counter in the action source).

Comment

• csd214
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2001

v6.0.0.2: It is much more easier! Just select File Properties, Install Time Attributes, check Read Only. No While/End While loop. No flickering screen. (You should be ashamed, csd214).
        But it is a pity that I can not select all files and uncheck "Use original"/check "Read Only"; it does not work I am glad I do not have thousand of files in my project.

More precisely: Multiple Files Properties is working if you uncheck "Use original" twice – first to obtain the mixed state and then to enter the disabled state.
        [This message has been edited by csd214 (edited 02-10-2002).]

[This message has been edited by csd214 (edited 02-13-2002).]

Comment

Working...
        X