• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Roark
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2001

Runtime for VFP

is there a config file available for VFP version 6+ available or is there a script (ini) file out there that can be modifed for use.
    Major criteria for using the program<G>.
    TIA
    Jim
  • jassing
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2001

Re: Runtime for VFP

I've been thinking about doing this.. how important is 6 for you? i'm more likely to do 7 1st.

Comment

• Simon Carter
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2001

I assume that version 6 of setup factory is also without VFP runtime support?

At the moment I use a blank VFP6 generated setup routine that I quiet install through setup factory 5. Does anyone know of a better / easier way to do this?

I also install DCom95 / MDAC in a similar way through the setup factory install.

Comment

• Brett
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jan 2000

We have actually developed a VFP6.0 (sp5) runtime module but have not made it available yet. Keep an eye out for it in the next few days. If you are in a real pinch, email me at [email protected] and I will see what I can do.

- Brett

Comment

• Mark
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Jun 2000

Hi,

Please visit: http://www.indigorose.com/setup/support/runtimes.html there you can download the Setup Factory 6.0 Visual FoxPro 6.0 Runtime Support Module.

mark.
          MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• Simon Carter
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2001

Are there any plans to create a run time for version 7 of VFP as we will be using this version for our product soon?

Comment

• Mark
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Jun 2000

Hi,

There has been some talk of producing a Visual FoxPro 7.0 runtime, although there is no definite timeline on this. If you have any information on what is necessary to create a Visual FoxPro 7.0 runtime module please send an e-mail to: [email protected]

mark.

Comment

• Brett
                Indigo Rose Staff Member
                • Jan 2000

If there are any VFP7.0 developers out there who want to do some testing and research on making a VFP7 runtime, here is what we know. Perhaps someone could verify it for us (we do not have any VFP developers here on staff).

According to the MSKB article:

the necessary files for distribution are:

vfp7r.dll
                vfp7t.dll
                vfp7renu.dll (English resources)

And I know from further research and from a VFP developer that I talked to recently that msvcr70.dll.

All of the above files should be installed to the Windows\System directory (use %SysDir% in SUF60). The file vfp7r.dll also supports DLLSelfRegister (see the Advanced tab of the file properties).

So, if anyone wants to try the above out and verify the information, please do. And let us know what you find. Email [email protected] with any details.

Thanks,

Brett

Comment

• Mark
                  Indigo Rose Staff Member
                  • Jun 2000

Hi,

Does anyone know of any resources describing the Visual FoxPro 7.0 runtime?

mark.

Comment

• Mark
                    Indigo Rose Staff Member
                    • Jun 2000

Hi,

I've been looking into this and what I found is basically what Brett has found: VFP7RENU.DLL, vfp7t.dll, vfp7r.dll, and msvci70.dll (instead of msvcr70.dll).

msvci70.dll is the C++ runtime and msvcr70.dll is the C runtime, and I believe that the C++ runtime is needed.

After a bit mor research I belive that msvcr70.dll IS the correct DLL.

mark.

Comment

Working...
                    X