• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matthew Walters
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2000

CD Keys

Is it possible to include the CD key entered by a user in a mailto: command?

eg: mailto:[email protected]?Subject=Help Key=%Key%

I'm creating a CD for internal use only - if somebody gives it out, then i get a support mail, I'd like to track down who issued it!

Thanks

Matthew Walters
  • Mark
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jun 2000

Re: CD Keys

Hi,
    The subject part of the mailto command is very software dependant. On my machine I pasted your action into an OPEN URL action, and when I tested it, the subject displayed properly. But I know, from talking to other users, that the subject does not always display properly. In fact I believe that some e-mail program will not accept the subject command at all, regardless if it is from AutoPlay or Internet Explorer.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

• Matthew Walters
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2000

Thanks Mark. The ?Subject= bit works ok, using MS Outlook - it's the ability to include the CD key / password generated by AutoPlay and entered by the user that i want to export. Is there an internal variable name to store the key the user has entered, without having to resort to a second message box (eg 'Confirm CD Key')?

Thanks

Matthew Walters

Comment

• Mark
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jun 2000

Hi,
        Sorry I misunderstood your question, the password that the user enters in a GET PASSWROD dialog is not saved in a variable. So you will have, as you said, create a second GET INFO dialog to save this information in a variable.

mark.
        MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Working...
        X