• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Staggan
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2006

Hi Ulrich

I have tried using the default language ID and it also returns 10 for Spanish.. but as far as we can see the whole PC is setup for Polish....

Can you please tell me how I install and use the plugin you mention?

Thanks

Martyn

Comment

• Ulrich
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Apr 2005

I have tried using the default language ID and it also returns 10 for Spanish.. but as far as we can see the whole PC is setup for Polish....
      It might help if you could explain on what are you basing the affirmation that the PC is set up for Polish. There are explanations and screenshots on the web page I linked - to demonstrate what regional information setting is used to define the language as returned by System.GetDefaultLangID(). I don't think that the information I provide on my page is ambiguous, but I am showing screen captures of Windows 7, and on version 8 the info is presented a bit differently in the Control Panel. The end result, though, is the same.

Can you please tell me how I install and use the plugin you mention?
      First you download the installer. There are two options:
      1. The standalone installer, which has the Lua 5.0 and Lua 5.1 versions for all products, even support for the outdated Setup Factory 7 is still included. This is one you want.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	SCRN-2014-11-12-03.png
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	284251
      2. The "Utilities for AutoPlay Media Studio" installer, which features the Language plugin as part of the bundle, along with other selected plugins I offer for free. As you aren't using AutoPlay Media Studio, this installer is of no use for you.

Once downloaded, you need to run the installer to deploy the plugin into your host program(s), such as Setup Factory, TrueUpdate, Visual Patch, and also AutoPlay Media Studio. You can deploy into several hosts during the same install.

After you installed the plugin, open your project file, and add the plugin to it, in the same manner as you would use any other plugin which is already shipping with Setup Factory 7, or you might have added manually.

Name:	SCRN-2014-11-12-01.png
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	284252
      From that moment on, you can use the two new plugin actions in your scripts as needed. You can use the Action Wizard as well as the Action Properties dialog to assist you inserting the action. There is also a help file, with sample code for these two actions, in case the screen captures on my web page weren't clear enough.

Name:	SCRN-2014-11-12-02.png
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	284250

Ulrich

Comment

• Staggan
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2006

Hi Ulrich

I figured it out and now it all works fine...

Everything in the Regional settings on the Polish test PC was set to Polish.. Locale, Keyboard etc... but it was still reporting Spanish...

Your plugin was simple and easy to use once I installed it...

To be certain I get the Language ID from the plugin and then set the install language based on that at startup just so there is no confusion as to what language is being used... and as I said, it now works great!

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
        X