• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Imagine Programming
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by amsdeveloper View Post
    MemoryEx.ReAllocate function is not available for use. Ie is nil.
    Should be fixed now, see 2.4.0.0: http://www.memoryex.net/mx.html#downloads
    Last edited by Imagine Programming; 11-09-2015, 11:43 AM.
    Bas Groothedde
    Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
    IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• amsdeveloper
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2015

Thanks for the fix.

Comment

• kingzooly
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Sep 2013

What would make the APP from opening when I click test when I only have a blank test and MemoryEx enabled, it does it to any app I have it enabled including all your examples, I disable it then the app opens up, I am on

Windows 10 Ent Build 10240, Yes I know this is a older version but I have most of MS telnetting removed on this OS and don't want to risk MS patching my means to disabling them from my system.

I am not getting any errors at all I click test it opens the dialog closes it and then no app shows ... little lost never seen this problem with this plugin before.
        Plugins or Sources MokoX
        BunnyHop Here

Comment

• Imagine Programming
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
          What would make the APP from opening when I click test when I only have a blank test and MemoryEx enabled, it does it to any app I have it enabled including all your examples, I disable it then the app opens up, I am on

Windows 10 Ent Build 10240, Yes I know this is a older version but I have most of MS telnetting removed on this OS and don't want to risk MS patching my means to disabling them from my system.

I am not getting any errors at all I click test it opens the dialog closes it and then no app shows ... little lost never seen this problem with this plugin before.
          I don't quite understand what you mean, does the project not start? Maybe Windows blocked the .lmd, .lic or .chm because it was downloaded. Perhaps check if 'Unblock' option is available in the file properties.
          Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
          IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• kingzooly
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Imagine Programming View Post
            I don't quite understand what you mean, does the project not start? Maybe Windows blocked the .lmd, .lic or .chm because it was downloaded. Perhaps check if 'Unblock' option is available in the file properties.
            I have done that from the help file I will give that a check on the others also, but yes it does not start at all the run box does its thing closes and thats where we stay no app lol.

--Edit
            I only have to include the LMD in the plugin window and it wont load at all, hmm I will redownload it again and see if that works, it was all unblocked though ... strange beans I say, anything else you can thing of to test it?

--Edit
            This is deff windows 10 related just posted it to another windows 10 PC and same problem again it just wont open the app at all,
            I thought it was the Lua5.1.dll I was using on this PC but it seems not to be that as my main desktop as the default Lua5.1.dll and still doesn't work, I don't have anything part from these two PC's to test on right now, I have a lot of windows functions disabled to stop ms telnetting and other crap so I wonder if one of them things I don't have now might be the reason, I don't think it is but i can't test on a native windows 10 laptop as I don't have one anymore.
            Last edited by kingzooly; 02-17-2016, 07:46 AM.
            Plugins or Sources MokoX
            BunnyHop Here

Comment

• kingzooly
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Sep 2013

Reinstalled windows 10 and still no luck it just wont open the ams app
              Plugins or Sources MokoX
              BunnyHop Here

Comment

• Imagine Programming
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Apr 2007

I don't get it, I have tested it on multiple Windows 8 and Windows 10 machines and encountered no issues whatsoever. Is the plugin the cause? Might it be a virus scanner, or the AMS project itself not being able to start?

Should this be a new thread about this specific problem?
                Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
                IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• kingzooly
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Sep 2013

I will create a new post and post all my details and findings in the next few days, but the app when I include the plugin will just not open at all, I can't see any programs blocking it but I going to set up a VBOX and test one element at a time.
                  Plugins or Sources MokoX
                  BunnyHop Here

Comment

• lib
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2013

Can you explain to me why UDWORD changed after writing it to memory?

Code:
                    [font=Courier New][size=2][color=#0000FF][b]local[/b][/color] t [color=#FF0000]=[/color] MemoryEx[color=#FF0000].[/color]Allocate(4)[color=#FF0000];[/color]
                    [color=#0000FF][b]local[/b][/color] v1 [color=#FF0000]=[/color] 0xFFFF00FF[color=#FF0000];[/color]
                    MemoryEx[color=#FF0000].[/color]UnsignedDWORD(t[color=#FF0000],[/color] v1)[color=#FF0000];[/color] [color=#008000][i]-- error is in write operation!!![/i][/color]
                    v2 [color=#FF0000]=[/color] MemoryEx[color=#FF0000].[/color]UnsignedDWORD(t)[color=#FF0000];[/color] [color=#008000][i]-- no error while reading[/i][/color]
                    Dialog[color=#FF0000].[/color]Message([color=#800080]"test"[/color][color=#FF0000],[/color] [color=#800080]"v1 = "[/color] [color=#FF0000].[/color][color=#FF0000].[/color] v1 [color=#FF0000].[/color][color=#FF0000].[/color] [color=#800080]"\r\nv2 = "[/color] [color=#FF0000].[/color][color=#FF0000].[/color] v2)[color=#FF0000];[/color][/size][/font]
                    Thanks

Comment

• Imagine Programming
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Apr 2007

Could you please elaborate?

Edit I see now, I will have to look into this. It seems that the previous version of PureBasic which I used to compile the plugin with has had some changes that conflict with some operations in MemoryEx.
                      Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
                      IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• Imagine Programming
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • Apr 2007

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse here, however I updated MemoryEx to version 2.5.0.0. There were some issues in the implementation of Lua I was using which I discovered when I was testing MemoryEx against a thread-safe version of Lua 5.1.4. So yeah, here it is: https://www.memoryex.net/mx.html#downloads
                        Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
                        IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• kingzooly
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • Sep 2013

No bud you just taking time with your work and showing even when a tool seems dead what we all know is not dead it's used so much else where but showing you care about something you made, thanks for the update I still don't really know how to use this one tho I do know the power it offers.
                          Plugins or Sources MokoX
                          BunnyHop Here

Comment

• Imagine Programming
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by kingzooly View Post
                            No bud you just taking time with your work and showing even when a tool seems dead what we all know is not dead it's used so much else where but showing you care about something you made, thanks for the update I still don't really know how to use this one tho I do know the power it offers.
                            Thanks bud!
                            Bas Groothedde

AMS8 Plugins
                            IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• daviz
                              Forum Member
                              • Apr 2019

Also want to thank for your work. I downloaded both MemoryEx and DrawAction. My work involves creating graphics of all sorts and so I was excited to learn DrawAction but despite the many examples I just could not figure out how to use it. I will keep trying though.
                              As for MemoryEx I do not understand what it does. I have read the description but It is out of my scope, for now.

Anyway, it IS true that AMS is still being used.

Regards.

David Ramirez

Comment

Working...
                              X