Setup Factory 9 has malware and trojans ? can't believe it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • incredible2012
    • Mar 2012

Setup Factory 9 has malware and trojans ? can't believe it.

As the title said. I have built several exe files just for test, even I built an blank exe with nothing inside and tested it on virustotal.com and guess what ?
    It has 5 variants of malware and trojan horse.

Can someone explain to me is that include in FALSE/POSITIVE or what ? and if that's the case than how came virustotal is not detecting those variants in EXE created by INNO SETUP and ADVANCED INSTALLER MAKER ?

to all those who wants to give it a try can build setup with Setup Factory 9 trial version and can check themselves on virustotal.com to see results.
  • Mick
    No longer a forum member
    • Feb 2012

well just a guess, but since you never put anything in the exe then its a false positive, no doubt you are using something like avg free.

Comment

• Ulrich
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Apr 2005

No, of course Setup Factory doesn't contain malware or trojans, unless your computer is indeed infected.

I just performed a test using an empty installer built with Setup Factory 9.0.4. You can see the report here. There is absolutely nothing wrong here - there will always be a few false positives. As long as these false positives are from obscure products like Antiy-AVL, ByteHero, DrWeb and VBA32, there is nothing to worry about.

Ulrich
      Last edited by Ulrich; 04-10-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• incredible2012
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mick View Post
        well just a guess, but since you never put anything in the exe then its a false positive, no doubt you are using something like avg free.
        You sir are totally out of your mind . can't even bother reading my post above ? read again.

Originally posted by Ulrich View Post
        No, of course Setup Factory doesn't contain malware or trojans, unless your computer is indeed infected.

I just performed a test using an empty installer built with Setup Factory 9.0.4. You can see the report here. There is absolutely nothing wrong here - there will always be a few false positives. As long as these false positives are from obscure products like Antiy-AVL, ByteHero, DrWeb and VBA32, there is nothing to worry about.

Ulrich
        Well, I checked your report and It has 4 variants.

Code:
        Antiy-AVL 	Trojan/Win32.Genome.gen
        ByteHero 	Virus.Win32.Part.a
        DrWeb 	Trojan.DownLoader5.54414
        VBA32 	TrojanDownloader.Genome.cyci
        This is exactly what I'm talking about and no I don't have any virus in my developer pc nor its infected.
        and the thing is; I've created same installers with Setup Factory 8.0 and there is only 1 variants which is not malicious at all.

So Its pretty much clear that SF9 needs to be check for its components to ensure that Its codes are not falsely detecting if someone checks their installer on virustotal. and why not ? How can company like Indigorose let it go away in SF9 when SF8 has no issues.

Please check it. Its bothering me because I don't want to use SF8 considering it has less features as compared to SF9.

Comment

• jassing
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jan 2001

it is *NOT* 4 "variants" -- it's being reported by 4 anti virus vendors -- and all but one say it's not a virus, it's a "downloader" -- reporter the false positive to those av vendors. All but McAfee and Symantec are usually very responsive.

Comment

• incredible2012
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by jassing View Post
            it is *NOT* 4 "variants" -- it's being reported by 4 anti virus vendors -- and all but one say it's not a virus, it's a "downloader" -- reporter the false positive to those av vendors. All but McAfee and Symantec are usually very responsive.
            overall !
            How came an reputed company like Indigorose top notch application has malware/viruses and trojans associated with its inbuilt components ? Why
            however there are only 1 variants or we could say warning in previous version of the same product.

Comment

• jassing
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jan 2001

There is a term "False positives" -- some av vendors call anything they don't recognize "Suspect" -- so you write a program, it's caught "I don't know what this is; so it could be a virus" - you report it; they make an exception, you recompile and repeat.

All you have t do is report the false positive -- not a big deal. this isn't the end of the world like you are making it out to be. it's a bump in the road... a small pothole; but certainly nothing to freak out about.

Comment

• incredible2012
                • Mar 2012

Originally posted by jassing View Post
                There is a term "False positives" -- some av vendors call anything they don't recognize "Suspect" -- so you write a program, it's caught "I don't know what this is; so it could be a virus" - you report it; they make an exception, you recompile and repeat.

All you have t do is report the false positive -- not a big deal. this isn't the end of the world like you are making it out to be. it's a bump in the road... a small pothole; but certainly nothing to freak out about.
                That's what exactly I'm trying to do by posting this thread here.
                Code:
                I WANT YOU TO REPORT THIS TO MATTER TO SF9 SOFTWARE TEAM/ADMINISTRATION SO THAT THEY MAY GET IN TOUCH WITH RESPECTIVE AV COMPANY WHICH DETECTED SF9 COMPONENTS AS HIGH RISK VARIANTS.
                and the opinion of yours about me being an IDIOT, who's keep posting about this issue is totally unprofessional Mr Jassing. I have no intentions of being a SF9 technical aspects leader at all.

Comment

• jassing
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Jan 2001

Good luck with that.

Comment

• RizlaUK
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • May 2006

If you found a burglar in your house would you wait for your wife to get home so she could call the police or would you reach for your phone....... just go report it and stop wasting everyone's time!!!!
                    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• incredible2012
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by RizlaUK View Post
                      If you found a burglar in your house would you wait for your wife to get home so she could call the police or would you reach for your phone....... just go report it and stop wasting everyone's time!!!!
                      Either you're being ignorant or you yourself has never build any enterprise level product with Setup factory.

Do you realize you statement you posted above ? Its implying that Indigorose won't do anything about it and I should just avoid it. huh

what a worst support !

Comment

• jassing
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • Jan 2001

The installs I build; if detected as a false positive; I contact the a/v vendor -- I don't ask other users (you do realize this is a USER TO USER forum?) to do it for me.
                        If you refuse to take care of your problem; try opening a ticket with Indigo Rose -- I seriously doubt any other forum user will report your false positive for you.

Good luck -- I'm unsub'ing from this thread as it's clear to me the direction it's heading....

Comment

Working...
                        X