Indigo Rose Software

Professional Software Development Tools

+ Reply to Thread

Web/IE Object and _blank

Is there any possibility to obtain an effect, that when I'm clicking the link with the target="_blank" attribute, during browsing the web via standard web object or iexplorer plugin, the new page will display in my object and will not turning on new window of internet explorer? It is very important for me, becasue I need to run in my project, on one of the pages, kind of kiosk web browser, and I have no idea how to fix this.

please, help

If you want links to open in the same frame (the Web object), then don't use use "_blank" as target, use "_self" instead or nothing at all.

Ulrich

Well, thanks fot that, that's obvious. However my point is, that I woud like to open in this embedded browser external pages, and I cannot change target attribute in all pages in the world, can I...?

Anyone has idea how to solve this problem, by configuring web/ie object?
    My next idea was to read source after loading, change every _blank to _self and load modified source. However I have problems with reading html source in ie object (plugin). When I try to result = IExplorer.GetHTML("Plugin1"); string is empty, no matter how triggered function (on navigated, manually via button, etc). Help?

Maybe reading other forum posts in the same page could be useful, instead of focusing on only own ones:

http://www.indigorose.com/forums/thr...rom-web-object
    We are slowly invading your planet to teach lazy humans to read the user manual.
    But don't be scared: we are here to help.

sure thing, I've read that before. However getting the html in easy way requires activeX plugin for ams, 34$. I woudl like to focus on more avaliable solutions for this moment I just wonder, why getHTML in ie object plugin does not work properly... :(

Quote Originally Posted by skrzypol View Post
    I woudl like to focus on more avaliable solutions for this moment
    if you pay me $150 consulting service fee then
    i can fix that IExplorer plugin bug and build a custom version for you
    amsplugins.com Is Closed.

Facebook Page