• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcuster
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2001

Windows 7 x64 bit Custom Screen Timer

Windows 7 x64 bit

Running a Setup Factory setup Compiled with Setup Factory 9.0.4.0 The screen Timer on a Custom screen do not work correctly for example 1 seconds look like 3 seconds. or something Close to that. This same screen timers worked in XP.
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

I'm sorry, but I was unable to replicate the issue you described.

Comment

• jcuster
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jul 2001

Windows 7 x64 bit Custom Screen Timer

Originally posted by Darryl View Post
      I'm sorry, but I was unable to replicate the issue you described.
      How would you like me to replicate my results for you. Should send you my script. The compiled program. or a type of capture screen video?

Thank you for responding.. I so appreciate it.
      Last edited by jcuster; 05-14-2012, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Darryl
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Jul 2001

Well, we need to be able to replicate it on our end, so any additional information would be helpful, whether it be a sample project, short script with instructions on exactly where you have it etc. As I say, my test didn't have the same result, so there may be something different about how you have it setup.

Comment

• jcuster
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jul 2001

Well, we need to be able to replicate it on our end, so any additional information would be helpful, whether it be a sample project, short script with instructions on exactly where you have it etc. As I say, my test didn't have the same result, so there may be something different about how you have it setup.
          I'll work on ensuring there is no sensitive information in the project tomorrow. I'll upload it with full details.

Comment

• Darryl
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Jul 2001

If possible, take the relevant content for reproducing the error and create a new project instead of sending your current one. That will make it much easier to test, and narrow the problem down as well.

Comment

• jcuster
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jul 2001

If possible, take the relevant content for reproducing the error and create a new project instead of sending your current one. That will make it much easier to test, and narrow the problem down as well.
              I see how you tested the scenerio from what I described. I could get a timer to work properly while the Setup Factory installer with the custom screen is ran on the desktop. I created a new project with the same results that I described.

I have one Setup Factory program running another Setup Factory program using the action File.RunOnReboot action

When the Second Setup Factory program runs the custom screen timers do not work properly.

Windows 7 as different then XP uses The File.RunonReboot action differently. The File.RunonReboot on XP would run the Setup Factory program on the actual desktop. Though Windows 7 Seem to Load the File.RunonReboot somewhere else

Simply put
              Create a Project with just a custum screen showing the countdown for seconds
              Use File.RunonReboot to run the same program again.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Darryl
                Indigo Rose Staff Member
                • Jul 2001

I haven't tested yet, but if what you're describing is only visible on the second instance of the installer that is run after the reboot, that wouldn't surprise me at all. In that case the installer is run fairly early in the boot process along side all of the other processes etc. that are starting up during that period. As a result, there are definitely going to be pauses when trying to do anything at that point (launching/working with other programs etc.). For example, if you tried to install files at that point, I'm sure it would also pause a bunch of times. Based on what you've decribed, and briefly looking at your project, that's what I would say is the cause, not the timer itself.

Comment

Working...
                X