• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T3STY
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2009

Issue/BUG: Script editor last position cursor scroll

I have noticed that the script editor (in both panel and normal window editor) scrolls the horizontal position of the scrollbar as much possible to get near the last cursor position in the editor.
    If you have long lines of code this is really nasty because you have to always scroll back to see the beginning of the line.

I have attached an image showing how the script editor (on globals) shows the text - background image - and how the script editor should be (AMS 7 style) - the image on the right bottom corner.

Please fix this together with the other reported script editor issues as soon as possible.

p.s. No need of much details to reproduce this: just write a line of code and close the window with the cursor at the end of the line or somewhere near there. then reopen the script editor...

AMS Version: 8.0.2.0 PE
  • Cybergraph
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Feb 2007

For me it's not a bug, it's by design and it is also useful to find the last part of code you were working on before closing and reopening the General pane.
    We are slowly invading your planet to teach lazy humans to read the user manual.
    But don't be scared: we are here to help.

Comment

• T3STY
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2009

Yes but when having really small lines of code (like for me) it's nasty. I'm used to see the beginning of the line, not half line... AMS 7 style is better to me...
      Anyhow if this might be something useful for you and others, IR may decide to put this as an optional feature of the script editor.

Comment

• Cybergraph
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Feb 2007

Anyhow if this might be something useful for you and others, IR may decide to put this as an optional feature of the script editor.
        Agree! :yes
        We are slowly invading your planet to teach lazy humans to read the user manual.
        But don't be scared: we are here to help.

Comment

• Imagine Programming
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Apr 2007

Agreed, I find it rather annoying it's automatically scrolling to the right. So a choice between wether to scroll horizontally or not would be nice.
          Bas Groothedde
          Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
          IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• Darryl
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Jul 2001

Thanks for the suggestion.
            REF: AMS-460

Comment

Working...