• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bt185025
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2010

ReturnCodes

Has anyone been successful in returning any return codes other than 0 when using Application.Exit and Applicaiton.ExitScript in SF7? I've also tried the trial version 8.2 and no luck.

No matter what I use, SetupFactory always returns a 0.

I've tried a variety of numbers with the same result, 0.
  • jassing
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2001

how are you testing the return code? (exit code)

works flawlessly in 7 and 8. (and 6 and....)

if you're doing something like dropping to a dos box and then running your setup and then doing:
    echo %ErrorLevel%
    it will always be 0 - you need to do it in a batch file.

Comment

• bt185025
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2010

Thanks! the batch works. This brings up another question... why would you need a batch or outside script to call the setupfactory package to get the correct exitcode?
      Last edited by bt185025; 06-18-2010, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• jassing
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by bt185025 View Post
        Thanks! the batch works. This brings up another question... why would you need a batch or outside script to call the setupfactory package to get the correct exitcode?
        You don't "need" a batch file -- that's the only way to get the environment variable %ErrorLevel% to work.
        If you launch your setup from another program, you can correctly evaluate the exit code -- provided that language's "file run" function waits for the exe to finish and accepts it -- some languages return the PID -- clearly not your issue.

Since we don't know how you're looking at the exit code -- we are not going to be able to tell you, specifically, why your method fails.

Comment

Working...
        X