• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JeanHarris
    Forum Member
    • May 2004

RegOwner not getting registered user back

When I run my new 7.0 setup.exe that is created by Setup factory the Name and Company fields have word Micorosoft in them on the User Information window. If I try to display the user info it is null and the below gives me and error message. Can someone explan what the issue is here?

name = System.GetUserInfo();
    name1 = (User.User);
    Dialog.TimedMessage("Please Wait", "User infromation is being logged for security purposes. You are logged as "..name1..".", 4000, MB_ICONINFORMATION);
  • jassing
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2001

Originally posted by JeanHarris View Post
    When I run my new 7.0 setup.exe that is created by Setup factory the Name and Company fields have word Micorosoft in them on the User Information window. If I try to display the user info it is null and the below gives me and error message. Can someone explan what the issue is here?
    That info is pulled from the RegisteredOwner information -- which is different than the user that is currently logged in.

Code:
    name1 = (User.User);
    Dialog.TimedMessage("Please Wait", "User infromation is being logged for security purposes. You are logged as "..name1..".", 4000, MB_ICONINFORMATION);
    Your code is flawed, specifically:
    Code:
    name1 = (User.User);
    There is no variable "User" defined yet -- so User cannot be indexed by .User.
    Furthermore, System.GetUserInfo() doesn't return a table wtih an element called .User so you're not going to get very far there.

If you want the registered owner:
    Code:
    cRegOwner = System.GetUserInfo().RegOwner;
    If you want the currently logged in user:
    Code:
    cLoggedInUser = System.GetLANInfo().User

Comment

• JeanHarris
      Forum Member
      • May 2004

Thanks,
      That help me figure out what was going on. My registry had the RegisteredOwner and RegisteredOrganization in two locations. The second had Microsoft set for both and that is what is being used. This is a new win 7 system...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows NT\CurrentVersion\

Comment

• JeanHarris
        Forum Member
        • May 2004

same behavior on my XP system too. With Setup factory 6.0 I did not have this problem.

Comment

• jassing
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jan 2001

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\
          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows NT\CurrentVersion\
          the wow6432node is the 32bit redirect on a 64bit os -- this is where any 32bit program would read from.

Comment

• jassing
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jan 2001

same behavior on my XP system too. With Setup factory 6.0 I did not have this problem.
            Of coruse you would have the exact same problem -- User.User doesn't exist in suf6 either.

Comment

Working...
            X