• Show
Clear All
  • xu1t
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2008

Error 3018

Hi there,

When i build the image, it gives me a error messgae like:

Error 3018 can't add image file to the archive header ....

does anyone know what could cause this prob.?

Thanks in advance
  • jassing
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2001

Just grasping at straws....
    can you reinstall sf7?
    are all files local (ie: no network drives)?
    are you using any customized themes? (if so -- can you try using a default theme?)
    is this on all setups, or just some, or one?

The error should have given an image name -- what was it?

Comment

• margre
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Apr 2009

I get the same error!

This is from the log file:

Code:
      Error: can not open input file C:\DOCUME~1\margre\LOCALS~1\Temp\IRIMG1.JPG

Error 3018: Error adding image file to archive header: C:\DOCUME~1\margre\LOCALS~1\Temp\IRIMG1.JPG
      All my files are local, and there is enough free disc space. I use setup factory version 8.1.1004.0.
      But I found a file called IRIMG1.jpg in the folder %temp%\sufscrn_preview_data\.
      Looks like a regular bug to me.

Comment

• alec
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2003

Error 3018: Error adding image file to archive header

I have a similar issue. I have 4 SF8 ( 8.2.1.0) projects. 3 of them work as expected. The 4th one started giving me a few errors that I have not seen before.

Error: can not open input file
        Error 3018: Error adding image file to archive header: (no file name specified in error)
        Build Failed - 5 Error(s), 0 Warning(s)

Can anyone give me a clue as to what might be causing this and/or how to fix it?
        FYI: LZMA is Low

Thanks

Alec
        Last edited by alec; 05-25-2010, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• alec
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jun 2003

Solved the Problem

Originally posted by alec View Post
          I have 4 SF8 ( 8.2.1.0) projects. 3 of them work as expected. The 4th one started giving me a few errors that I have not seen before.

Error: can not open input file
          Error 3018: Error adding image file to archive header: (no file name specified in error)
          Build Failed - 5 Error(s), 0 Warning(s)
          I solved the problem so I figured that I would share the answer so as to try to save others from the same frustration.

All the projects had been converted from SF7. I recently uninstalled and removed SF7 from my machine. In one of my projects the theme images that were defined in the image "Top Banner" and "Side Banner" settings on the style tab of a few of my forms were still referencing images in the SF7 program folder (which of course are no longer there). I updated the path pointing to the same theme images in the SF8 directory and the problem was solved. So the error 3018 about adding image file to archive header was not a reference to any image that I had in my project archive list but rather a theme image reference on a project form(s). No sure why the error message was not more clear. It would have been real helpful if it had shown the file name and path for the file that it could not find....

Alec

Comment

Working...
          X