Use the Visual Basic 6 SP6 dependency module with MSI Factory 2.0 to detect and install Visual Basic 6 SP6.
Installs Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0 provides the latest updates to Visual Basic 6.0. It is recommended for all users of Visual Basic 6.0. Applications and controls written in Visual Basic 6 require the VB6 SP6 Redistributable Package to be installed on the computer where the application or control runs. The Visual Basic 6 SP6 installation package is available as a stand-alone executable file, VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe. When this dependency module is included in your setup, it installs Visual Basic 6 SP6 if needed.
To make Visual Basic 6 SP6 dependency module available in your MSI Factory 2.0 projects, follow the steps below:
1. Close MSI Factory 2.0, if it is running.
2. Browse to the folder where MSI Factory 2.0 is installed on your system. By default it is C:\Program Files\MSI Factory (on Windows Vista (64-bit) it is C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Factory).
3. Open the folder called Dependencies.
4. Unzip the contents of VB6SP6.zip (see bottom of article) into the dependencies folder.
5. Download the Visual Basic 6 SP6 setup file (VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe) into the vb6sp6_Include subfolder.
6. Restart MSI Factory 2.0.
To use your new dependency module, select Build > Settings from the main menu. Select standard bootstrapper option and click the Edit button. Click dependencies tab and click Add button. Select Visual Basic 6 SP6 dependency module from the list of available dependency modules. Visual Basic 6 SP6 should now be visible in the dependency modules section. You can edit or customize the configuration of the dependency module in the configuration section.
Module Name: Visual Basic 6 SP6
Type: MSI Factory 2.0 Dependency Module
Created By: kumar (7/15/2008)
Last Revision: July 15, 2008 (001)
Disclaimer: This dependency module is not officially supported by Indigo Rose. If you have any issues or feedback please contact me or post in the forum.