• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EvRenesse
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2008

Unattended Build Options: Versions to Build

Hi,

is there any possibility to select the "Versions to Build" within one single build configuration when using the unattended build process? I don't want to manually create build configurations for each possible combination of OldVersionX -> NewestVersion, when a lot of versions are available.

The option /CONST:<<ini file path>> allows to specify design-time constants, but i cannot see how to select the "Versions to Build" by design-time constants.

Thanks for every tip.
    EvRenesse
  • Lorne
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Feb 2001

I don't think there is a directive for that...that's a very good idea though, so we'll try to add that in a future version. REF: 17711
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• EvRenesse
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Aug 2008

Hi,

thanks, i look forward to versions to come.

In the meantime i will use a workaround: The "Versions to Build" can be changed in the XML project file *.vp2. I use 'Visual Build' for my build process, and there is an action 'Write XML' to create or change values. The XPath to the 1st version to build is:

DocumentData/BuildConfigurations/BuildConfig/VersionsInBuild/VersionName[1]

The XPath to the 2nd version to build is:

DocumentData/BuildConfigurations/BuildConfig/VersionsInBuild/VersionName[2]

There are some problems with German Umlaut and the copyright sign, because the project files are made with the Ansi characterset. But by searching and replacing with Unicode coding like &#xxx; these problems can be solved automatically within the build process.

EvRenesse

Comment

• Lorne
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • Feb 2001

Ah, excellent workaround! Good thinking EvRenesse.
        --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• EvRenesse
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Aug 2008

Hi,

how about solving this topic (REF: 17711)? My workaround is only a workaround, not a solution. It would be nice to see a solution in the next version.

EvRenesse

Comment

• EvRenesse
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Aug 2008

Hi,

one year since 07-07-2013. How about the status of REF 17711?

EvRenesse

Comment

Working...
            X