X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scriptonite
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2009

Ok, round 2, I used the code re-create the crash. The error appears to be here:

Code:
    numuuu = Table.Count(dduuu);
    if numuuu > [COLOR="Red"]"1"[/COLOR] then
    Not sure how I didn't see that before, but it should be:

Code:
    numuuu = Table.Count(dduuu);
    if numuuu > [COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR] then
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comment

• Tomasin
      No longer a forum member
      • Jan 2009

tested but not work

thx

Comment

• Scriptonite
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Oct 2009

Hmm, post a apz for me to look at please. The code you posted is working in in the example I made.
        There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comment

• Tomasin
          No longer a forum member
          • Jan 2009

Hi

I created an example.

I replaced the "blabla ==" 1 "" by StringCompareNocase.

Now the application does not close automatically, but when you change page a few times the application crashes.
          Attached Files

Comment

• mangomel
            No longer a forum member
            • Sep 2006

Timer plugin problem

Few days ago I started to use this plugin. Now I see how much is it usefull and needed. Only one timer is really misunderstanding rather than not so accurate choice.
            Well, I also noticed it crashes very often. Actually my app does not work because of it and it ruins my plan.
            One time when I preview my app it crashes, next time with no modification - works well. It also works very slow sometimes, when script is fired quickly, f.e. 20ms and the timers has been started at least ones before. Well, I have no idea what makes it to crash because it happens not regurally. Only thought that should be close to truth is that it crashes when one timer is started once again, or when a lot of code have been passed before. It crashes almost always when one timer's function spawns other timer, and this one spawn one more timer. Or when a few timers are running simultanously and one of them is trying to stop itself or another timer. It crashes often when one timer fires Page.Jump action to the same page and on show is fired another timer.
            But first of all, it terminates app when it call function that doesn't exist! So when I do a mistake like this one, then I can't get to know what's wrong because debug window is terminated too...

Please, improve this plugin, because a lot of people use it. It's most useful plugin for me.

Comment

• Scriptonite
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Oct 2009

Ok, there was some script issues. Variable can't be used twice for two different actions where they need to represent different things. This confuses AMS and makes all sorts of issues. Also, writing a function inside a function is never a good idea. This timer plugin doesn't like any mistakes in the code, one error seems to cause this timer to crash the project without warning. I recommend using the timer found here: http://www.amsplugins.com/details.asp?ID=49&CID=2 created by reteset. It works on XP, Vista, and Windows 7 with no issues. I've attached a working copy of your project with comments where I changed things. Best of luck.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Tomasin
                No longer a forum member
                • Jan 2009

hi

thx, but in the example not execute the ini.getvaluesection every time.

and Table.ini not exist.

other question: the timer plugin of reteset is multipage??

thx

Comment

• Scriptonite
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Oct 2009

The timer is not multi-page, I usually just copy and paste if I need it on a different page with the same actions using global actions. This timer is just unstable and it seems very easy to hurt it's feelings causing it to shut down the app. I don't know what your app needs to do, I wasn't writing your app to read the INI file, I was just cleaning up code to make the timer plugin not crash. If you need help with it reading the ini file start a new thread or feel free to PM me with what you need it to do.

Comment

• AMSWaves
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2008

hi all sorry for my late in answer because one of my family is dead :o:o.
                    i cant believe this plugin have bug or creates your programs unstable or create crashes if any body have any examp on this title (AMSWTimer creates crashes) please post it that i can see what's wrong.

@Tomasin for your examp replace line 9 and 21 in On Preload with this Code and it must work :
                    Code:
                    DLL.CallFunction("kernel32.dll", "Sleep", Time, DLL_RETURN_TYPE_LONG, DLL_CALL_STDCALL);
                    @mangomel all time i love to improve and debug my plugins so if you see any bug or have any suggest please say it.

Bwst Regards,
                    AMSWaves.

Comment

• MalcomX
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2010

Dead link: http://www.amswaves.com/index.php?op...d=45&Itemid=55

Comment

Working...
                      X