• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arb
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by C B programming and webdesign View Post
    This Network class is also possible using shared folders on every system in the network...
    so it is possible without a plugin.
    But what if there is no any folder shared on the clients and I think it's more simple to use with a plugin.

Anyway I'll be happy if you explain more about this solution; specially for sending a message and get the reply. be cause i'm working on a software to control my clients on the network and i currently use the worm's simple_chat example for sending my orders to clients and get a response from them.

Comment

• AMSWaves
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Teqskater View Post
      Very clever. Thanks. Its greeaaaat. Keep up the good work. May i suggest something else? im looking for a time plugin that can do the following:

Add a time to a time for example

for example i want to add 1 year, 5 months, 3 days, 14 hours, 20 minutes, 10 seconds to a time specified like this: yyyy-mm-dd/hh-mm-ss and return a result in a string. (i made a function for this thats on the forum but i want to see it in a plugin)

Get Time Diffrence:

for example the difference between yyyy-mm-dd/hh-mm-ss and yyyy-mm-dd/hh-mm-ss and return the number of years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds

Return the biggest time

And convert times: for example how much 3 months is in seconds.

I would love to see those functions since my brains wont allow me to create them because they can you know. I hate it. i need to upgrade my brains or somthing. :lol.

So that concludes my suggestion.

If you create those functions (and maybe make a plugin from it) i can finaly finnisch my textbased mmorpg template for ams. And i can make my dream come true. (a kings of chaos clone or somthing like that).

Please make my dream come true.

Thanks,

Teqskater.

thanks Teqskater for Suggest in future i create my forum for suggest and discussion.
      peradventure my next plugin is a TimeDiff that worked on xp and vista.

Comment

• AMSWaves
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by arb View Post
        That was really nice, and no bug yet.

I don't know if you are a group or something, keep going be cause I think sharing Knowledge is power and you guys have it now.

And for suggestion, if everyone intrested, I think there is a LAN network plugin is required with some actions like these:

Network.GetClients (It can pass a table with these fileds: Client Name, IP Address, MAC Address)
        Network.GetType
        Network.Connect (Get a port and client name or IP to connect)
        Network.IsConnect
        Network.Disconnect
        Network.GetLog (get a log report)
        Network.SendMessage (from client to client - Specialy it needs some reply for receiving or not receiving the message)
        Network.GetMessage (We can put this in the timer)
        Network.SendFile (from client to client - Specialy it needs some reply for receiving or not receiving the message)
        Network.GetFile (We can put this in the timer)
        Network.IsClientAvailable or Network.IsValidClient

I Also posted some thread few days ago but no one responsed and this means there is a problem and low Knowledge about this kind of work.

Anyway Thanks for your great work coz I can use this so much in my Animation Plugins (Text Animation, AMS Object Animator) and keep going boys :yes
        Originally posted by mwreyf1 View Post
        More network tools would be nice.

How about...

Network.MapDrive
        Network.DisconnectMapDrive
        Network.Ping

I know these commands are possible using other means but it would be nice to have built-in.
        thanks mwreyf1 and arb we scrutiny this suggest and create it.
        If everybody have a help source or website around this suggest for information tell us.

Comment

• Intrigued
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Dec 2003

I know another timer plugin is (was?) having issues with Vista. Has this plugin been tested with Vista, did it fair well?
          Intrigued

Comment

• Imagine Programming
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by AMSWaves View Post
            WebSite

There is a problem in "AutoPlay Media Studio", Do you know what is it?

It's Timer. There is only one timer per page in "AutoPlay Media Studio" but we fixed this problem,

we built a free "Timer" action plugin for you. You can now use unlimited timers in one page. Enjoy!

we just test it on Windows XP.

Download
            Help
            I'm curious aswell
            Bas Groothedde
            Imagine Programming :: Blog

AMS8 Plugins
            IMXLH Compiler

Comment

• AMSWaves
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Intrigued View Post
              I know another timer plugin is (was?) having issues with Vista. Has this plugin been tested with Vista, did it fair well?
              we create it for Windows XP because we just have Windows XP, In future we must bye a Vista and we will promise you create it for Vista.

Comment

• ShadowUK
                No longer a forum member
                • Oct 2007

Does anyone seriously need to know if this works on Vista. If so, I'll be happy to install my copy for it.

Comment

• azmanar
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Oct 2004

Shadow,

Please do test it on Vista. I'm about to migrate to Vista and a bit worried.

Thanks.
                  Newbie Examples
                  ------> AMS 7.5 : amstudio.azman.info
                  ----> AMS 6 & 5: www.azman.info/ams/
                  ----> FB: facebook.com/GuideToWealth

----> Content Development Blog: www.AZMAN.asia

Comment

• HMMurdock
                    Forum Member
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Intrigued View Post
                    When trying it with my Vista laptop, I get a "Not Enough Memory" Error whenever it executes a AMSWTimer.Info (when hovering over the labels. Usually after 1 or 2 of those, the application will close automatically.

AMSWaves
                    Also, if I understand how the plugin works, I think it could have a problem with the way the multiple timers are implimented...

Again, if I understand correctly, the callback function is passed a single paramater (the number of the timer currently being fired) which can be problematic if multiple timers are firing simultaneously.

When I changed the sample project timers to 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000 and 16000 ms respectively, and watch the labels update... they should all update synchronously every 16 seconds. It appears the longer the timer runs, the less synchronized the updates become.

I don't know if anyone else can confirm that behavior.

Anyway, I like the direction you are headed with this plugin. Thanks for the hard work.

Comment

• Dermot
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Apr 2004

It is very unstable on Vista. As soon as you mouse over the labels in the demo, it just closes without warning. Like HMMurdock says it seems to be AMSWTimer.Info() that causes this.
                      Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• ShadowUK
                        No longer a forum member
                        • Oct 2007

Just installed vista, And Yes. It is very unstable.

Now, I'm uninstalling vista.

Because, I hate it.

Comment

• AMSWaves
                          Forum Member
                          • Jun 2008

hi all
                          thanks ShadowUK, Dermot, HMMurdock for test it and said promblems in vista, in future we test and fix it.

Originally posted by HMMurdock View Post
                          When I changed the sample project timers to 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000 and 16000 ms respectively, and watch the labels update... they should all update synchronously every 16 seconds. It appears the longer the timer runs, the less synchronized the updates become.
                          we tested it often and often with many delay and it worked, and now i test it with 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000 and 16000 ms and it good worked.
                          which version of ams you use ?

Comment

• HMMurdock
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by AMSWaves View Post
                            we tested it often and often with many delay and it worked, and now i test it with 1000, 2000, 4000, 8000 and 16000 ms and it good worked.
                            which version of ams you use ?
                            I'm using AMS7 (7.1.1007.0)

I've attached the screenshot of the demo running with the timings I mentioned earlier.

Label 5 should update to "4" at the same time that label 1 updates to "64" There is enough delay that I can catch it manually with a simple "print screen" It appears that the longer it runs, the more "lag" develops.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Dermot
                              Indigo Rose Customer
                              • Apr 2004

Idealy each timer needs it's own callback function. Otherwise the more timers you have, the less accurate it will be.
                              Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• AMSWaves
                                Forum Member
                                • Jun 2008

it good work on my computer, but we change its callback and made it like worm's plugin.

thanks for suggest and steerage.

Comment

Working...
                                X