When does [...] happen during a patch?
What order do things happen in during a patch?
This is the Visual Patch 3.0 runtime patching sequence:
- Initialize some Lua variables (_CommandLineArgs, %SourceFolder%, etc.)
- Begin the log file.
- Initialize the language support.
- Verify the file archive integrity.
- Load action plugins.
- Do any Global Script includes.
- Run the Global Functions script.
- Run the On Startup actions.
- Show the Before Patching screens.
- Run the On Pre Patch actions.
- Start writing the log file to disk.
- Show the While Patching screen.
- Patch files.
- Remove legacy files.
- Handle any files that need to be deleted or moved on reboot.
- Destroy the progress screen controller.
- Run the On Post Patch actions.
- Show the After Patching screens.
- Run the On Shutdown actions.
- Delete any temp files.
- Exit the patch.
--[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]