"Stop" after 'While Installing - Scrolling' screen ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AWC
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2008

"Stop" after 'While Installing - Scrolling' screen ?

Looking for alittle direction.
    What we would like to do:

On the Scrolling Text Progress (While Installing) screen i would like the installer to stop once all files are installed so the user can scroll the textbox incase they want to see what has been installed, then manuly clicking a 'next' button to advance to the 'Finish' screen.

Any advice on that would be great.

Also is there a way to change the size of the textbox ?
    Would like to try and add a progress bar just above the textbox.

Thanks for any help.

_
  • jassing
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jan 2001

In the "on finish" action do thsi:
    1) change the name of "cance" to "next"
    2) do not do "screen.next"

in teh "on cancel" action, do this:

if caption = "Next" then
    screen.next
    else
    (cancel app)

Comment

• AWC
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2008

Ahh...
      Nice little trick, thanks.

Comment

• AWC
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2008

:( No-go.

Didnt kick up any errors but as soon all the files where completely installed the installer automatically moved to the next screen.

Gonna try some kind of "check" in the 'On Progress' function to try and stop the installer from automatically moving toward along with the little trick you posted.

Comment

• jassing
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by AWC View Post
          :( No-go.

Didnt kick up any errors but as soon all the files where completely installed the installer automatically moved to the next screen.

Gonna try some kind of "check" in the 'On Progress' function to try and stop the installer from automatically moving toward along with the little trick you posted.
          Not sure what you did that I didn't explain (although, looking back; I'm impressed you were able to read thru my fat-finger typos)....

Review the attached installer -- it doesn't actually install ANYTHING; it just uses the scrolling text progress screen & then switches the button caption.

"works here" -- if not -- post a sample of what you're doing and I'll look at it.

-josh

Comment

• AWC
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2008

Thanks for your time, jassing.
            What you posted works, guess i was not clear in what im trying to achieve.

I am trying to do this on the 'While Installing' progress screen/Tab (one after the count-down test in your demo).
            How the installer currently works; if you select Scrolling text (or progressive bar) once it is done then installer goes strait to the Finish Screen with no user intervention.

Thanks again.

Comment

• jassing
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jan 2001

Thanks for your time, jassing.
              What you posted works, guess i was not clear in what im trying to achieve.

I am trying to do this on the 'While Installing' progress screen/Tab (one after the count-down test in your demo).
              How the installer currently works; if you select Scrolling text (or progressive bar) once it is done then installer goes strait to the Finish Screen with no user intervention.

Thanks again.
              I've got some out-of-office work this afternoon; but now that I understand you're talking about the while installing -- let me try a few things -- the obviously simple (but ugly) one is to use a dialog box.

Another "option" is to copy the scrolling text from the screen, store it to a lua variable; then on the very next screen; use a scrolling text screen and post the data to it; so it would have the illusion of doing what you want; but not exactly.

"stay tuned" -- I'll try a few things today.
              -josh

I just did a quick review; there's two things you can do:
              1) What I suggested about using a 2nd screen
              2) well; I can't think of a 2nd one..
              Last edited by jassing; 01-26-2008, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• jassing
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jan 2001

In the "While Installing" screen
                in the "progress" action
                at the END of the code screen, add this:

Code:
                cInstallScreen = DlgScrollingText.GetProperties(CTRL_SCROLLTEXT_BODY).Text;
                As your very 1st screen in "After Installing" have a "Scrolling Text" screen.
                Disable the back button.

In the "preload" action:
                Code:
                DlgScrollingText.SetProperties(CTRL_SCROLLTEXT_BODY, {Text=cInstallScreen});
                This is 100% "air code" -- meaning I haven't tested it -- preload sometimes doesn't like actually adjusting displayed info - if that's the case, cInstallScreen should be a sessionvar;and then reference the session var IN the scrolling text's "Specify Now" area.

Give that a shot; if it doesn't work & doesn't get you started on something that does -- let me know and I'll figure out something that does.

Comment

• AWC
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2008

I was just heading down that road (your last post) but was trying to pull the info from the uninstall.xml and phase through it, your way is much easyer and cleaner!

I tested it out and your last post works 100%

Thanks so much.

Since there is now no need for the first Scrolling screen, gonna change that to a progressive bar and then try and store the info in a var and pass it along like your example shows.

You've been a big help !

_

Comment

• jassing
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Jan 2001

You've been a big help !
                    Awesome! Glad we got you going!

-josh

Comment

Working...