• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rob14
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2008

Registry Questions

Hi Guys,

I'm a SUF7 newbie and this is my first post so please treat me gently !!

I have a couple of questions on the Registry actions.

1) If I use Registry.CreateKey and that key already exists in the users registry what will happen. Will the action complete without altering the registry, will an error be returned, and will any existing sub-keys be trashed ?

Do I need to use the Registry.DoesKeyExist action before every attempt to create a registry key ?

2) I have tried using the "Import Registry Values" command from the script editor. This generates an action Registry.SetValue(HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, ".tst", "NoName", "MyApp.Results", REG_SZ);

However, the documentation says that to set the default value for the key the value string should be empty (""). Does this mean the I should replace "NoName" with "" or is the generated action correct.

Sorry if these are fairly basic questions, but I feel that this is one area of the system I cannot experiment with, as I do not want to risk trashing my development systems registry.

Many thanks for any help.

Best Regards

Rob
  • Adam
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • May 2000

1) If the key exists then it will not do any damage to it ect.

2) The "NoName" appears to create the (Default) key. I just ran a quick test and it appeared to create the exact key that was imported.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

Working...
    X