• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antagony
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2007

External files problem

I put a 48k file into the external list (datestamped yesterday and placed in a subfolder of SF's output folder), set it's 'Disable CRC check' to true and set the runtime folder to %SourceFolder%\{my subfolder}.

Built the setup package.

Everything worked ok when I ran setup.

Then I replaced the file with a newer version (72k datestamped today) and ran setup again.
    NOTE: I did this without rebuilding setup, which I presume is--or should be--unnecessary for external files. This is a large setup package which takes quite some time to build, which is precisely why I decided to make certain (variable) files External

This time the file it creates is corrupted in a very weird way. It has picked up the newer file's icon but it has the old file's datestamp and--weirdest of all--it has created it to a different size (64k)!

Is there something about external files I'm missing here?
  • Antagony
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2007

I've discovered that checking the 'Use failsafe copy method' option fixes the problem, but I would have preferred not to use this as some of the external files are quite large and the help topic on it states that it will increase the install time and it requires extra disk space.

Is this behaviour a bug in SF7?

Comment

Working...
    X