• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pascal v Vuuren
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2007

NDIS Filter Driver installation on VISTA

Pretty much as the title says. I am looking to install a NDIS filter driver on Windows Vista. My testing environment is Vista Ultimate with SUF7. The install has Requested User Privilege Level (Vista) set to Require Administrator (default).

For other operating systems I can use the Service.Create with SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER set to install a functional driver.

Under Vista that leaves our driver as seemingly installed, but it is not functional and will not start. (Not all registry entries appear, but I would need to check with the driver team which ones those are exactly)

We have also tried calling the "INSTALL" verb on an INF file, but if launched from the installer that responds with "The INF file you have selected does not support this method of installation". Manual installation works if going through Network Properties - clicking install, choosing a service and then browsing to the INF.

My question is this:

What is the recommended method for installing a NDIS Filter Driver using Setup Factory 7.0.6.1.

Thank you in advance!
Working...
X