• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason Pate
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2002

IR Staff built in SQL Support needed.

I have been using IR products for years, it has solved so many of my problems over that time, but now I am at a road block, my company is deep into MS SQL Server, all of our products us MS SQL, and we are always running scripts to either install the database(s) or update the database(s), until recently the simple solution of using a third party tool (an exe) was totally acceptable. But that is no longer the case; once management found out that “Installshield” has this built in they are demanding we change tools.

My questions to IR is simple does IR have any plans of adding this as a feature to SF/VP/Setup Factory for Windows Installer? This would need to be in both SF installer and Visual Patch.

I have always enjoyed working with the IR community, and I hope that even if we loose Setup Factory I can continue using IR products in some fashion. On a personal note this is so bad so very bad, but I am hoping IR can make this happen if not for me save someone else the fate I have been dealt.
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

Jason,

The MS SQL support is certainly something in our plans for SUFWI, however, I am not sure what the exact timing will be.

- Brett

Comment

• Jason Pate
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2002

Brett,

As always thank you for the quick answer, looks like I need to learn SUFWI.

Comment

Working...
      X