• goukilord10
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2005

Is ams7 subscription based or not ?

• SteveDude
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2007

My customer portal shows an expitartion data of 11/08/08 so I would say it is.

Since this is the case I need to back peddle on my regret on purchasing the update as the subscription adds quite a bit of value.

There are some new things I found I like, especially the RTF control as well as the MSI command set.

I also configured AMS to use the code signing runtimes from another installation program so now I am not forced to have the huge out of date .NET 1.1 SDK installed.

Comment

• Brett
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jan 2000

The maintenance and support on AMS70 is subscription-based. The software is not. So in other words, when your subscription expires, it does not mean that the software stops working or that you are no longer licensed to use it. It just means that you will not get any further updates to the software (major or minor) nor will you be eligible for technical support. So think of it more like a magazine subscription, you keep getting updates of the magazine (new issues) as long as you subscription is alive. But after it expires, you still keep what you have.

Comment

• azmanar
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Oct 2004

Hi,

:yes:yes:yes
        The magazine analogy has given me a clear picture. Thanks.
        Newbie Examples
        ------> AMS 7.5 : amstudio.azman.info
        ----> AMS 6 & 5: www.azman.info/ams/
        ----> FB: facebook.com/GuideToWealth

----> Content Development Blog: www.AZMAN.asia

Comment

• leebos
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by goukilord10 View Post
          I was one of the posters that balked at the subscription. Now that I see what it is I retract my prior opinion. Although I have needed IR support only a few times I have found it to be among the very best if not the best.

I was probably among the first to upgrade, good job IR team!

Lee

Comment

• Tuberculosis
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by leebos View Post
            I was one of the posters that balked at the subscription. Now that I see what it is I retract my prior opinion. Although I have needed IR support only a few times I have found it to be among the very best if not the best.

I was probably among the first to upgrade, good job IR team!

Lee
            Subscription base can be good, if they continue regular updates. I'm in a subscription-based system with Outstart.com and it is not so hot. They have not introduced any good improvements on the software in two years, but I'm forced to renew every year because if you miss a subscription you have to pay for the prior year(s) that you missed to get an update/upgrade.

But as IR explained, I don't think this will be the case with them.... IR has different software, so this might work out well. Either way, I'm all for it for right now...

Comment

• JXBURNS
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2001

And there is one MSI installer software company I was using earlier this year that as soon as they brought out a new major version they dropped all support for previous versions and forced you to upgrade immediately. The upgrade price being 90% of the new price and I am talking over $500 a time. As the vast majority of changes were to do with bug fixes, I complained like mad but they basically told me where to go even though my support was still active. Their tech support works on abusing people as a means of hiding faults in their sloppy software and their sales team is driven by greed. Needless to say they are not on my Xmas card list.

It's one of the reasons I like the IndigoRose products. They never worry if you are using a version from several generations ago and support is brilliant both from themselves and a bunch of user 'technophobes' who know how the systems work.

John

Comment

Working...
              X