• Show
Clear All
  • rexzooly
    No longer a forum member
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by gabrielfenwich View Post
    Ok,
    This might be better.
    Would using a database be a better idea??(sorry spent the last 3 days playing with databases) you could secure it better and have as many users as you want and store as much extra data.
    Might be easier to implement as well.
    Gabby.
    Hey there Gabby Sorry i only just got the net back i would like again to thank
    everyone on the Cyber Soft project for all the help i am redoing some of the
    options for some programs i make for eg: a USB Portable Software Drive
    and a messenger.

In the end i did finaly convert the hole software to DB but my computer killed it self thats to the Elc company bloow the fker up

So all Cyber Soft data was lost but the Admin panel demo still hosted on the Cyber Soft site what is soon to be taken down.

I am also looking for the stop and start .exe's what where posted on here somewhere to stop Taskmanager and restart it.

I am stuck with version 6 as i have no money to upgrade to 7 :( would love to
    but i have no money to live lol so stuck with 6 well anyway thanks all.

Will post new Thread with any new software i come up with in the coming months

Comment

• davidg979
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2008

Banging my head softly.....

I took Desrat's examples and I am putting them to good use, just having only one real hick up... Feel silly for asking, but is there a easy to make a countdown timer for the amount of time left in a hour:minutes:seconds format on the text lable and only in 00:00:00 format?? Any help would be awesome and ty early for reading or helping.

Originally posted by Desrat View Post
      ok well these would be what I would have started with as my base for a Cyber Cafe project such as what you have been doing. Its all database driven with blowfish encryption

We have 1 admin app to be run only on the central Admin machine and 1 client app designed to be run on all the client pcs on the same network.

Admin app allows you to create/edit/delete users and search the database on Name, Full or Post. Client app includes disable keys and time limit countdown, app disable after time limit, and database update for time used..

Take a look at them and I should be on hand over the weekend if needed to expand on this..

Comment

• davidg979
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2008

I forgot to ask

I also forgot to ask if there is a way to make the admin side input time as minutes instead of seconds only.

Comment

• davidg979
          Forum Member
          • Nov 2008

got it

i figured the timer out, but does anyone have any thoughts on how to make a private data area in DB for files from customers or how to lock accounts too prevent dual logins?
          Last edited by davidg979; 11-18-2008, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• rexzooly
            No longer a forum member
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by davidg979 View Post
            i figured the timer out, but does anyone have any thoughts on how to make a private data area in DB for files from customers or how to lock accounts too prevent dual logins?
            No account in the world as dual logins not sure what you was trying to do
            here but you could easy of updated it so it included a field for savig paths
            for folders.

I keep thinking i would update this app again but then i find that there was no real use for it unless you was running a cyber caffee.

Comment

Working...
            X