How to remain the text box object on screen while mouse leave and then been hided while mouse move o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Felicia
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2003

How to remain the text box object on screen while mouse leave and then been hided while mouse move o

I am using the text box to load a text file, and while the user use the mouse to move over on the left hand side button, the text box on right hand side which loaded a text file will be triggered to show the content in the text box by this button by [On Mouse Over]->[Page.ShowObject(textbox)], if the user click the button, it will open this text file by using windows' notpade program [On Mosue Click]->[File.Open(open,filename)].

Now I wish that when the mouse leave the button, this text box can still show up for user to scroll and read the content, but when user move the mouse over other buttons, this text box will be hided. Can AMS 4.0 do this?

I've try to solve this problem for more than 10 hours and looking all over your forum, but still can't solve this problelm.

Can someone here teach me how? Many Thanks!

• Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

Re: How to remain the text box object on screen while mouse leave and then been hided while mouse mo

In the other buttons, use the Page.HideObject to hide your textbox

Comment

• Felicia
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2003

Re: How to remain the text box object on screen while mouse leave and then been hided while mouse mo

Does that mean I have to set [Page.HideObject] on every button's [On Mouse Over]? What if I have more than 10 buttons or objects to be chosen? Is there any other way, like to set some action on this text box object only ?

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Use PAGE > HIDE ALL OBJECTS

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Felicia
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2003

The page was already set [On Initialize]->[Page.HideObjects].
          But the effect I want is :
          while user mouse over the left side of any buttons, the right side will show the images, text box, or text accordingly to enhance the action of those buttons.

I can set [Page.ShowObject] on [Mouse Over], [Page.HideObject] on [Mouse Leave] and [File.Open] or any action on [Mouse Click]. However, while show the text box, it contains the information from a text file, thus I wish it can be stayed on the screen and let the user has a chance to read it by using its scroll bar, thus I can't set to [Page.HideObject] on this text box object while [Mouse Leave] that button; and then the user may hover around other buttons, at that time, that text box needs to be hided, so other objects can show up while user mouse over other buttons.

If it is a text object, then I can set [Page.HideObject] on this text object's [Mouse Leave] (not set on the correspondent button), but to text box object, there is no place to set the action, and I need the text box to link and show the file information on screen. So, any other simple and better method to set only on this text box object ?

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

How about TEXT OBJECT > SET TEXT and just re-use the same object...

Corey Milner

Comment

• Felicia
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2003

Can [TEXT OBJECT > SET TEXT] catch files and put the content of text files into the text object?

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

Yes if you combine it with a TEXT FILE > READ action or instead you could use a TEXT BOX OBJECT and set it to your file.

Corey Milner

Comment

• Felicia
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2003

Can you tell me more specifically how to include a text file and show on a TEXT OBJECT? Thank You!

I know the TEXT BOX OBJECT could include a file, but no ACTION tab to set to show the effect I want at run-time.

Comment

• Corey
                    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                    • Aug 2002

1. Use a TEXT FILE > READ action pointed to your text file to read your text file into a variable.

2. Use a TEXT OBJECT > SET TEXT action to assign the contents of that variable to your text object.

Corey Milner

Comment

• Felicia
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2003

Brilliant ! Corey! Thanks a lots!

The only thing is that there is no scroll bar for user to read the text by scrolling up and down from the TEXT OBJECT on the screen, if the content is more than the size of TEXT OBJECT, then the user can't see from the screen.

Comment

• Corey
                        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                        • Aug 2002

Yes that's true. I'm not sure what the official reccomendation is for this and I seem to be the only staff member working today so perhaps sit tight until Monday and hope that someone else will know what to do. If you don't get a reply try reposting next week.

Corey Milner

Comment

• Felicia
                          Forum Member
                          • Apr 2003

Really Appreciated!!!

Actually I've tried using the TEXT BOX OBJECT that Worm suggested, it works too, just you have to set [Page.HideObject(TEXT BOX)] on EVERY buttons' [Mouse Over] action, and this text box's [Mouse Leave] action.

However, I do learn a lot from you and this forum.

Thank you and Worm for your enthusiastic assistance and quick response.

Comment

• Corey
                            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                            • Aug 2002

You'll never go wrong listening to Worm.

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                            X