• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ineb
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2005

Vista - ActiveX registration failed

Hi,

when i start the setup of our product on windows vista, 2 activex modules can not be registrated. When this happen, the setup reboots the system and a batch file where this registration is done with regsvr32.exe is started automatically. The registration with regsvr32.exe works perfect and so only users who doesn't reboot the system have trouble to get the program running.

One activex module tries to write to the registry to "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\In ternet Settings\ZoneMap\ProtocolDefaults". Administrator permission for this key is set to read only, but "TrustedInstaller" have full access to this key. Isn't Setup Factory a trusted installer?

For the second activex module i found no ACCES_DENIED result while watching installation process with sysinternals process monitor. So i used the remote debugger to find the problem: ::RegisterTypeLib returns the error 0x8002801C "Error accessing the OLE registry". I searched the net for information about it and there is evidence that it's a permission problem too.

Has anyone an idea what i can do to solve this problems?
  • ineb
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2005

I found a solution:

1. I don't write to the registry under HLM, but to HKEY_USER\.DEFAULT!
    2. A function from one interface in the second activex module has a parameter for a IXMLDOMDocument*. I have changed this to an IDisptach

and now registration of the 2 activex modules works with setup factory!

Comment

Working...
    X