• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macko
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2007

revised xMDB

i have here a revised xMDB of mr. Dermot. thanks to people of AMS i am able to learn so much that i have applied it at school.
    i have included in the revision some tutorials i gather in w3schools.com very useful. and edit some bug in the clear grid since it will not delete items lower than the size of the table
    by the way is there a way i can view the tables that a database has? just like in MS access? thx 4 those who will reply..
    Attached Files

Comment

• hady
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2007

can'ot test it

Starting build...
      29-Feb-08 11:51:01 PM
      Project file: D:\My documents\AutoPlay Media Studio 7.0\Projects\xMDB_Demo\xMDB_Demo.am7

Performing Pre-Build Checks...
      Checking audio settings...
      Checking scripts...
      Checking project settings...
      Checking object settings...
      Merging inherited pages...
      Assigning tab indexes...
      Collecting Plugins...
      Error: Plugin "C:\Program Files\AutoPlay Media Studio 7.0\Plugins\Objects\DATAGRID\DATAGRID.APO" is not licensed for re-distribution

1 Errors, 0 Warnings
      Build failed.

Comment

• Dermot
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Apr 2004

You need the DataGrid plugin to use the demo app.
        Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• esitesnet
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2006

Cannot Open database on a CD

I used the xMDB.dll in an application and it works fine on the computer. The application only uses the database to get information and display it. It does not write any data to the database.
          However if I write the same onto a cd, xMDB.dll does not access the database (error: failed to open database").
          I have even tried to copy the database first to the temp folder then accessing it, but even that does not work.
          What am I doing wrong or does xMDB.dll work only from a hard disk and not a CD.

Comment

• Don Pedro
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dermot View Post
            You need the DataGrid plugin to use the demo app.
            Hello.
            I am new to AMS. I purchased it because the xmdb example program covers almost exactly a program i need to write: A list display function out from a single table database with 2 or more fixed search filters. But the example is not running on ams7 since it needs the datagrid plugin. I contacted Brett and he told me the function has been integrated into ams7 and the plugin is not available any more.
            Could anybody be so kind and help me with the proper grid output syntax on the example app?
            Thanks a lot,
            Peter

Comment

• Dermot
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Don Pedro View Post
              Hello.
              I am new to AMS. I purchased it because the xmdb example program covers almost exactly a program i need to write: A list display function out from a single table database with 2 or more fixed search filters. But the example is not running on ams7 since it needs the datagrid plugin. I contacted Brett and he told me the function has been integrated into ams7 and the plugin is not available any more.
              Could anybody be so kind and help me with the proper grid output syntax on the example app?
              Thanks a lot,
              Peter
              Just change all the references to 'DataGrid' to 'Grid' and it should work fine.
              Dermot

Comment

• Dermot
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by esitesnet View Post
                I used the xMDB.dll in an application and it works fine on the computer. The application only uses the database to get information and display it. It does not write any data to the database.
                However if I write the same onto a cd, xMDB.dll does not access the database (error: failed to open database").
                I have even tried to copy the database first to the temp folder then accessing it, but even that does not work.
                What am I doing wrong or does xMDB.dll work only from a hard disk and not a CD.
                You cannot open an MDB file on a CD because it needs to create a locking file in the same folder. Since the CD is read only, this can't happen. That is the nature of Access MDB files, it has nothing to do with the xMdb dll.

If you copy the MDB file from the CD to the hard drive, you must make sure that the path in your code is correct. For example if you copy the MDB file to the temp folder, then make sure that the path in your code points to the file in the temp folder.
                Dermot

Comment

• esitesnet
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dermot View Post
                  You cannot open an MDB file on a CD because it needs to create a locking file in the same folder. Since the CD is read only, this can't happen. That is the nature of Access MDB files, it has nothing to do with the xMdb dll.

If you copy the MDB file from the CD to the hard drive, you must make sure that the path in your code is correct. For example if you copy the MDB file to the temp folder, then make sure that the path in your code points to the file in the temp folder.
                  Thanks, working fine now.

Comment

• nexsas01
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • May 2007

Install Dll's

any body know how to Install DLL's and access SQL dbase

Comment

Working...
                    X