• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darryl
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jul 2001

Setup Factory 7.0 Update (v7.0.6.1) Released

Setup Factory 7.0 Update (v7.0.6.1) Released

There is a new minor service release (v7.0.6.1) available for Setup Factory 7.0 that contains a bug fix related to the administrator check when UAC is disabled on Windows Vista. You can get the latest version by selecting Help > Check for Update from within the product. If you have any trouble getting the update through the product, here are direct links to the patch and readme file.

Setup Factory 7.0 Commercial and Deluxe Version
    View Readme File
  • Veiron
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2007

At creation Shortcut if to put in parametres "to start the application minimize" (SW_MINIMIZE), it does not work and opens as a usual window (SW_SHOWNORMAL).

Comment

• cdundee
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2005

unable to delete suf70cm-patch.exe

Hi,
      I downloaded a patch file suf70cm-patch.exe but when I try to delete it I am asked for a password. It asks for the password for all the files inside it. When I end task explorer process is ended and it basically messes my desktop where I have to reboot to restore it. What is the password for this file or how can I delete it?

Another question I have is: Can I install Setup Factory on my work computer and my home computer?

Thanks.

Comment

• Veiron
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by cdundee View Post
        Another question I have is: Can I install Setup Factory on my work computer and my home computer?
        And why it is impossible? I so and make though my house computer and is the worker.

Comment

• Lorne
          Indigo Rose Staff Member
          • Feb 2001

Hi,
          I downloaded a patch file suf70cm-patch.exe but when I try to delete it I am asked for a password. It asks for the password for all the files inside it. When I end task explorer process is ended and it basically messes my desktop where I have to reboot to restore it. What is the password for this file or how can I delete it?
          Huh? The patch is not password protected. What operating system are you using? Are you logged in as an administrator on that system?

Yes, so long you are the only one using it on both systems, since it is licensed per developer. If you have a problem with the product activation, contact our support department (have your product serial number handy) and they will help you sort it out.
          --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• cdundee
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2005

Thanks Lorne.

I was unable to delete the file from windows explorer but I was able to delete it from command prompt. I guess something funky happened with the file because if I try to delete from windows explorer I would get a "Enter password" dialog box and if I ended that in task manager it would end explorer.exe and I had to reboot my computer but from command prompt it deleted without any problems. Some weird thing to happen, huh.

Is Setup Factory for Windows Installer licensed per developer as well?

Comment

• Lorne
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Feb 2001

I was unable to delete the file from windows explorer but I was able to delete it from command prompt. I guess something funky happened with the file because if I try to delete from windows explorer I would get a "Enter password" dialog box and if I ended that in task manager it would end explorer.exe and I had to reboot my computer but from command prompt it deleted without any problems. Some weird thing to happen, huh.
              Yes, very strange indeed. Are you running on Vista? Are you logged in with administrative privileges, or as a regular user?

The patch file is definitely not password protected.
              Is Setup Factory for Windows Installer licensed per developer as well?
              Yes, all of our development tools are licensed per developer.
              --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• cdundee
                Forum Member
                • Dec 2005

I am using windows xp sp2, logged in as an administrator. You know what now that I know how to delete it perhaps I will download the patch again and trouble shoot the problem in my free time.

Thanks.

Comment

• Veiron
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2007

The exit of new version SF7 is planned for what period of time? If not a secret...

Comment

• Intrigued
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Dec 2003

FWIW, the SF 7 update installed fine here (WinXP Home Edition).
                    Intrigued

Comment

• Tuberculosis
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Veiron View Post
                      The exit of new version SF7 is planned for what period of time? If not a secret...
                      In one thread they mentioned that they needed to finish AMS first, so it was released when, in Oct/Nov. I'd guess sf8 will be out soon... maybe a couple of months? I'm waiting on that as well... although, sf7 is works well if you need something now. With the vista update in sf7, you don't have to worry about issues there, and of course xp is solid (tried and true).

I would contact IR at the contact page if you wanted to buy now and maybe ask if you could get a free ride to 8... Unlike some, people at IR are fair business people....

Comment

Working...
                      X