• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJS
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mcme
    I would like to use appfolder in following situations
    Now my appfolder is c:\mysofware\folderA (because i have key file ther..)
    when i would like to update different folderA and folderB and FolderC under my c:\mysoftware but since everytime it treats my folderA as appfolder i can not update wnother folder inside mysofware
    logfiles says target c:\mysoftware\folderA\folderA not found then target c:\mysoftware\folderA\folderb not found.
    (I use add files and then destination is %AppFolder%/FolderA, %AppFolder%/Folderb, %AppFolder%/Folderc in version tab.

so my issue is if i can get two line to change appfolder to one level up that would great. i think i can add those two line to action on startup.

thankyou very much for your help.

mcme,

To rephrase the post above, you already know the location of your target folders relative to the appfolder.

In windows (and most other OSs), the folder you are currently in is aliased with "."

The folder one level above the folder you are currently in is aliased with ".."

You can test this out for yourself at a command prompt (DOS) with
    Code:
    cd .

or 

cd ..
    Here are some examples of how you can use the aliases to easily access the folders you have described:

Lets assume that you have the following:
    C:\Program Files\YourApplication\FolderA\ (this is your %AppFolder%)
    C:\Program Files\YourApplication\FolderB\ (this is the folder you want to update)

1. Get the %AppFolder% value
    Code:
    str_AppFolder = %AppFolder%

Which equals

C:\Program Files\YourApplication\FolderA\
    2. If you concatenate that value like this, your target folder will be one level up
    Code:
    %AppFolder% .. "\\..\\"

Which equals

C:\Program Files\YourApplication\
    3. If you concatenate the same value like this, your target folder will be one folder up and then one folder down
    Code:
    %AppFolder% .. "\\..\\FolderB\\"

Which equals

C:\Program Files\YourApplication\FolderB\
    4. If you concatenate the same value like this, your target folder will be two levels up
    Code:
    %AppFolder% .. "\\..\\..\\"

Which equals

C:\Program Files\
    5. If you concatenate the same value like this, your target folder will be one level up then two levels down
    Code:
    %AppFolder% .. "\\..\\FolderB\\FolderC\\"

Which equals

C:\Program Files\YourApplication\FolderB\FolderC\
    Yeah right. Who's the only one here who knows the illegal ninja moves from the government?

()))))))))o)))))))==============================================

Comment

Working...
    X