• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CSPG
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2006

patch vs update

I'm confused about the difference between the patch vs. the trueupdate. Is the trueupdate necessary if the patch is made? It seems like once the patch is made and given to existing customers it's all done. What exactly does trueupdate do, allow for a way for customers to automatically receive the patch?

yes, i watched the tutorials. sorry if i missed this.
  • playmenow
    • Nov 2005

yes, it downloads the patch and runs it...and, you can script TU to do what else you need.

Comment

• Ted Sullivan
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Oct 2003

Visual Patch is used to create software patches. It analyzes the differences between the newest version of your software and your old version(s) and then packages up only the bytes that have changed into a compact, self-installing patch executable.

TrueUpdate is installed on your user's local computer and then interacts with a server (either Internet or LAN) to automatically determine if your application is "out of date" and needs to be updated. If so, it can securely download your patch file and apply it it a completely automated fashion.

The two products work extremely well together!
      New Release: Setup Factory 9.6 adds Windows 11 compatibility and support for hardware token OV/EV Code Signing certificates.

Comment

Working...
      X