• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roboblue
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2003

WORM's Popup Notify ideas/examples

I have been playing with WORMS Popup Notify plug in and came up with this idea/example.
    You must have the plugin to use this. It is NOT included in the sample.
    This is a complimentary action/event for the Calendar plugin. It will notify the user of any appointments for that day. It will pop up at start up (once per session), it will pop up at 0800, 1200, and 1600 hrs Mil time. (8:00AM, 12:00PM, and 4:00PM). There is also a button to get it any time.
    The function is in Globals. Some code in Page On Show and On Timer. And some in the Date Reminder button On Click event.
    This same thing can be done with daily sayings, jokes, or inspirational text with some code changes. And, even tho this example is simple, the customization you can do to the pop up really makes a nice product.
    Thanx WORM!
    Any other ideas or examples for this plug in would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • Roboblue
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2003

Sorry guys

I was playing with elseif and forgot to change the code. Changed the Page On Timer event.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Roboblue
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2003

With On Off Toggle

Here is the same with a toggle to turn the Date Reminder option on/off
      All functions in Global, call functions from Page On Show, Page On Timer, On/Off buttons, and Project On Startup.
      This also has a small right click menu popup in Page On Mouse Button event.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Bye bye analog calendar - helloooooooo St. Swithins day cotilion! :yes

Comment

• Roboblue
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2003

last update

Put all the features on one Calendar page which is probably where you would want to toggle on/off. Fixed bug in On Timer function. removed right click pop up menu, but added a tray pop up menu. Also added a time/date clock set by WORM's atomic clock plug in.
          Enjoy!

Anybody else have ideas/examples for the Pop Up Notify?
          Let The Games Begin!!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

The killer app for this is to tie it into an online feed so it reports sports scores in real time by popping up briefly each time there's a goal. If you can make it work for the upcoming World Cup for example you could probably get 10 million downloads in a matter of months. :yes

Comment

• Roboblue
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Corey
              The killer app for this is to tie it into an online feed so it reports sports scores in real time by popping up briefly each time there's a goal. If you can make it work for the upcoming World Cup for example you could probably get 10 million downloads in a matter of months. :yes
              WOW, I actually think that is doable. Figure out how to trigger that type of alert (event) and it would be a sweet little tray app.
              Lottery results, sports, etc.

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

Yep, definitely do-able. European soccer and World cup alone would get you tens of millions of downloads. Add lotteries, stock alerts, TV shows and such + the ability to configure your own custom alert feeds and you could no doubt double or triple that. Anything with a public feed will work.

Easy to get sponsors once you've gotten a few million downloads of a client side info server app. A little pepsi link beside the sports scores could buy you a whole pile of Fieros.

And if you make more than a million dollars don't forget to hire Tom Jones for your next birthday party. That guy can sing!

Comment

• Roboblue
                  Forum Member
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Corey
                  Easy to get sponsors once you've gotten a few million downloads of a client side info server app. A little pepsi link beside the sports scores could buy you a whole pile of Fieros.

And if you make more than a million dollars don't forget to hire Tom Jones for your next birthday party. That guy can sing!
                  I don't usually laugh at much at 3:30AM.
                  But, that did it.
                  On that note, I'm going to bed.

Comment

• Corey
                    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                    • Aug 2002

Should go register like ScoreSwift.com or something similar and use that. It's cheap. Offer two versions, a free one (with small ad links and no custom feeds) and a gold version for $19.99 which allows people to add and manage custom feeds, follow specific teams, etc. I think it's a winner with a lot of commerical potential if the development and support is strong. Heck, even if you have to maintain some master feeds on your own to make it work right, it's no big deal. You're moving very tiny amounts of data so the overhead is neglible. :yes

*Finally*, I'll be able to get the Hapkido results from Easter Island without having to swim anywhere.

Comment

• Roboblue
                      Forum Member
                      • Dec 2003

one more time

found another inconsistancy in what date the reminder would display. Redid the function.
                      Last Time (famous last words).
                      Just curious, but am I the only one who is using this great plug in?
                      Cory, I am looking into what you posted above. I know there's a tray app in it someplace.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Corey
                        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                        • Aug 2002

May the wealth of a thousand Sultans invade your pocketbook. :yes

Comment

• Roboblue
                          Forum Member
                          • Dec 2003

Don't laugh, this really is the last update.
                          I forgot to put a check for NO entries in the Calendar notes in the pop up function :o
                          I also set it up so it will be easier to use the same code in a multi-page project. I also added a tray menu with a Reminder click. Just minimize and right click tray icon.
                          I deserve a Sultan's wealth invading my pocketbook, but would settle for no more bugs in this code.
                          Probably get the Sultan's wealth first, tho :lol

Comment

• Dermot
                            Indigo Rose Customer
                            • Apr 2004

Just curious, but am I the only one who is using this great plug in?
                            No, there are at least two of us. It's a fantastic plugin and a must have for any serious AMSer.:yes :yes :yes
                            Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• azmanar
                              Indigo Rose Customer
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Dermot
                              No, there are at least two of us. It's a fantastic plugin and a must have for any serious AMSer.:yes :yes :yes
                              Include me. So thats 3 already.

It's a great plugin. And you know Worm too well..... the user support he gave is tremendous.
                              Newbie Examples
                              ------> AMS 7.5 : amstudio.azman.info
                              ----> AMS 6 & 5: www.azman.info/ams/
                              ----> FB: facebook.com/GuideToWealth

----> Content Development Blog: www.AZMAN.asia

Comment

Working...
                              X